- No one escapes the Controller! -- Or avoids wearing my diabolical discs!
- -- Controller
Appearing in "The Coming of the Controller"
- Controller (First appearance)
- New York State
- New England
Synopsis for "The Coming of the Controller"
As the Tony Stark LMD is rushed to a nearby hospital, Iron Man hurries to his Long Island plant and regains control of the android before anyone discovers its nature; he later places it in storage. Meanwhile, in Florida, Jasper Sitwell and other SHIELD agents recover Whitney Frost's escape vehicle. In New England, Vincent Sandhurst visits his brother Basil, who was paralyzed in a lab accident months earlier and now lives in an automated house. However, Basil, using his mechanical know-how and mental energy research, has become the Controller, enslaved his servants to drain their minds to empower his exoskeleton, and now adds Vincent to his retinue before enslaving a nearby town. Tony and Janice arrive days later, searching for Vincent, whom Stark has realized is deliberately mismanaging Janice's affairs. The Controller abducts Janice. Iron Man follows, but the Controller quickly defeats and abducts him as well.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Todd Freeman, Peter Sanderson, Brooke Howath, John Locke, Tom Mason, Gregory Platt, and Tim Ryan.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 12 on the forums
- Images from Iron Man Vol 1 12
|Like this? Let us know!|