Appearing in "Captives of the Controller"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Captives of the Controller"
Controller connects Janice directly to his absorbatron, but Iron Man, who allowed himself to be captured, strikes Controller, who then hurls him through his laboratory's disposal unit. Iron Man survives, but Controller halts a passing train, enslaving crew and passengers, which alerts SHIELD'S ESP Unit. Jasper Sitwell arrives as Controller loads his absorbatron, then heads the train for New York City, intending to enslave its entire population. Locating Sitwell, Iron Man informs SHIELD of Controller's power, and Nick Fury orders the ESP Unit to mentally attack the Controller to save New York, regardless of how that might affect his victims. The train is not yet in ESP range, so Iron Man blasts a mountainside to cause a landslide to block it. Controller clears the track by hand, but unnoticed by him, Sitwell uncouples most of the train's cars. Controller unknowingly leaves his victims and absorbatron behind. Iron Man boards the train, and the enemies resume their battle. When the train leaves absorbatron range, Iron Man knocks out his now-powerless opponent. Later, reunited with Janice, Stark ponders Fury's earlier dilemma, realizing he couldn't make that decision where Janice is concerned, and realizes the danger his relationship with Janice puts her in.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Charles Archer, David O. Deitch, Lewis Flock, Joyce Gregorian, Stu Lasher, Scott Raymond, and Kathy Brooks.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Images from Iron Man Vol 1 13
- The Controller previously appeared last issue and will appear next in Iron Man #28 in another match with Iron Man.
|Like this? Let us know!|