Appearing in "The Return of the Hero"
- Ed Koch (Mentioned)
- Titanic Three (Only in flashback)
- Unicorn (Only in flashback)
- Captain America (Only in flashback)
- New York City
- Moscow (Mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor MK V
- Titanium Man Armor (Bullski's)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Return of the Hero"
The Titanium Man begins to rampage in Times Sq., Tony leaves Bethany and becomes Iron Man. He is upset when he sees that the crowd fears him as much as the titanium man thanks to his apparent murder of Serge Kotznin. Iron Man and Titanium Man engage in a destructive battle across Manhattan during which Iron Man recalls the martial arts tips he learned from Capt. America and uses them to his advantage. The fight culminates in Rockefeller Center, where Iron Man manages to tear off the Titanium Man's helmet and pummel him unconscious. The crowds are ecstatic at Iron Man's victory and he seems to have finally regained his popularity. Tony takes Bethany back to her apartment in the evening.
- This last page shows a piece of discarded paper that says, "So Long Jerry". This was a farewell to regular Iron Man artist Jerry Bingham.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Printed Circuits". Letters are published from "The Late Kirk Clitton", Christopher Mortika, and Ann M. McGinley.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story# LG106.
- The alternate title for this story is "Last Tango with the Titanium Man" (as seen on the cover).