- Pardon me ma'am. Is this Anthony Stark's office.
Appearing in "The Iron Scream"
- Obadiah Stane (Mentioned)
- Stark's plane
Synopsis for "The Iron Scream"
Machine Man visits Stark International to speak with Iron Man, whom he suspects is a robot like him. Tony Stark, however, is totally loaded, puts on his armor and attacks Machine Man, who has to constantly protect innocent bystanders from Iron Man's drunken recklessness. Machine Man repeatedly evades and makes a fool of the (unbeknownst to him) drunken Iron Man before shutting down his armor. Realizing that Iron Man is actually human underneath, Machine Man leaves, thinking to himself that, whoever it is under the armor, "has something profoundly wrong with him." Afterwards, Tony Stark changes back into his plain clothes and blows off his employees' concerns about the collateral damage (and injuries) Iron Man caused.
- Page one of this issue states, "Special tanks to Machine Man Maven Tom DeFalco.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Printed Circuits". Letters are published from Steven Scott Beau Smith, Coyne Clinch, Rod Wahoskie, Dan Crivello, Eric B. Olin, David Lispon, and W. Gregg Stanley, Jr.
- Despite completely embarrassing Iron Man, Machine Man noted to himself that he probably wouldn't have won a stand-up fight if Iron man were "functioning properly."
- Near the end of the comic, Tony Stark tips a doorman with a $500 bill--a denomination that is no longer printed.
|Like this? Let us know!|