- I'm tired of being a hero. I want to relax and have some fun.
Appearing in "And Who Shall Clothe Himself in Iron?"
- Wasp (Voice only)
- Magma's crab-like vehicle
Synopsis for "And Who Shall Clothe Himself in Iron?"
A besotted Tony Stark is unable to don the Iron Man armor and confront the villain, Magma, who is attacking Stark International. As a result, Jim Rhodes dons the armor. Rhodes is unable to effectively manipulate the armor, but ultimately receives timely advice from Morley Erwin and eventually the armor's inventor, a drunken Tony Stark himself. When Rhodes is initially unable to stop Magma, Obadiah Stane sends his Knight to stop Magma (as he destroying Stark International which will soon change ownership to Stane, himself). In the ensuing chaos, Rhodes defeats the Knight, but allows Magma to slip inside Stark's lab. Magma is prepared to kill Stark, but Stark urges an entering Rhodes to utilize the repulsors on the armor's hand gauntlets. This allows Rhodes to finally defeats Magma. As the story comes to a close, to Rhodes surprise, Stark refuses to resume the role of Iron Man. Leaving to "relax" and "have some fun", Stark leaves his factory and his armor in the care of Jim Rhodes. At story's end, Rhodes is seen phoning the Avengers telling them that he is resigning from the team.
- This story is continued in Avengers 231.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Printed Circuits". Letters are published from Joe Zadareky, David Lipson, Tony Kiriluk, Delmo Waters, Jr., "GBT", and Eric Abrahams.
- This issue contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 170 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Iron Man Vol 1 170
|Like this? Let us know!|