- ... The right woman can mean all the difference to a man, Cheryl.
- -- Tony Stark
Appearing in "The Man Who Killed Tony Stark!"
- Cheryl Porter (First appearance)
- Geoff (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Janice Cord (Recap)
- Titanium Man (Boris Bullski) (Recap)
- Crimson Dynamo (Alexander Nevsky) (Recap)
- Vincent Sandhurst (Death)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Man Who Killed Tony Stark!"
Iron Man disables the smuggling ship that brought in the Titanium Man and calls the navy. After visiting Janice's grave he decides to take a vacation, but is tailed by the Mercenary. As Stark sets off, Cheryl Porter reveals her presence in his car's backseat and asks for his help. She tells Stark that she's being pursued by the Mercenary. Stark takes Cheryl to his mountain lodge. The Mercenary follows, and seeing a vengeance-seeking Vincent Sandhurst about to blow the car up, shoots him. The Mercenary attacks the lodge, battling and eventually overpowering Iron Man. Intending to trick Cheryl into letting him into the lodge's bunker, he disguises himself as Stark, only to be mistakenly slain by Sandhurst, who dies in turn seconds later.
There's never been a hired assassin like—the Mercenary! If you like duel-to-the death thrills, this one's for you!
- Story title comes from this issue's cover. No title is given on any interior pages.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Mike Burtion, Steve Flaitz, Barbara Campbell, Gregory Young, Eric Wilcox, Jane Whitehead, Lane Bailey, and Randy Rhine.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 23 on the forums
- 4 Images from Iron Man Vol 1 23
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|