Appearing in "Menace at Large"
- Stark Industries
- J. Jonah Jameson (Mentioned) (Article in the Daily Bugle)
- Peter Parker (Mentioned) (Photo caption in the Daily Bugle)
Races and Species:
- Aero-tank (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Menace at Large"
Simon Gilbert appeals to the board to help preserve the Guardsman's reputation by tying Tony Stark directly to the riots. At his penthouse, Tony discusses his problems with Marianne but they are interrupted when more demonstrators arrive at the plant. Gilbert tells the Guardsman to attack the students: Kevin sees that Gilbert is trying to get him to do his dirty work and refuses. Tony and Marianne are pleased that Kevin has come to his senses, but upon seeing them Kevin reverts and reaffirms his loyalty to the board. The Guardsman faces the demonstrators while Tony becomes Iron Man to prevent the damage from escalating. Iron Man tries to calm the crowd down, but the Guardsman insists that only violence will solve the matter and attacks Iron Man. The Guardsman ultimately gets into Stark's Aero-Tank to fight him. Iron Man fires at the vehicle's weak points to save himself, but the explosion catches the Guardsman in it. Kevin dies saying to tell Marianne that he loved her. Witnessing the event, Gilbert sees a new plan to bring down Stark- charge Iron Man with Kevin's murder.
(April) Iron Man - implicated in murder! The battle with the blockbusting Guardsman! And then - the death of a superhero! Don't miss this one!
- (May) The golden Avenger - implicated in murder! The attack of the superhero called the Guardsman! And then - death deals a hand! Don't miss it!
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Jim Planck and Bill Henley, Jr.