- I don't know what just happened -- but this Avenger isn't going to hold an inquiry!
Appearing in "Beware the... Blood Brothers!"Edit
- Drax the Destroyer (Arthur Douglas) (First appearance)
- Blood Brothers (First appearance)
- Thanos (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Thanos robot (First appearance) (Destroyed)
- Dan (First appearance)
- I.S.A.A.C. (First appearance)
- Mentor (First appearance)
- Eros (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Kronos (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Roclites (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Titanians (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Unidentified alien species (Only in flashback)
- Milky Way
Synopsis for "Beware the... Blood Brothers!"Edit
Drax telepathically warns Iron Man about the Blood Brothers, but the two villains are already battling him. The duo renders him unconscious and transports him to Thanos' desert base. Thanos confronts Drax and reveals that he has been monitoring him and simply chose not to interfere. On Titan, Mentor prepares to aid Drax. As Iron Man is led into Thanos' base he fights back against the Blood Brothers and evades them. While he is trying to free Drax, Thanos enters and steps on his hand, damaging his right gauntlet. The Blood Brothers recapture Iron Man, but Mentor and ISAAC send a blast of energy from Titan and through Iron Man's unibeam, destroying Drax's manacles. Drax and Iron Man quickly best the Blood Brothers. Thanos prepares to destroy his base, but Drax obliterates the self-destruct switch. Iron Man punches Thanos' head, only to shatter it apart, revealing Thanos has gone, leaving a robot duplicate in his place. Suspecting a booby trap, Drax advises Iron Man to exit quickly. The base is destroyed just as they depart. Drax is certain that Thanos still lives and that he will face him again. He thanks Iron Man for aiding the people of Titan.
Solicit SynopsisThe Day of the Destroyer!
- Thanos would next send the Controller to attack the Avengers in Captain Marvel #28.
- Iron Man would return to this location to follow-up on the story and continue his battle with the Blood Brothers in Marvel Feature #12 along side The Thing.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from: Douglas Bruce Weinfield, Steve Palacios, and Laura Hadsall.
- This issue originally showed all Titanians being purple-skinned like Thanos. Later reprints changed their skin tone so only Thanos was purple since the idea of Thanos being different-looking from the rest of his people wasn't established until later on.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 55 on the forums
- Images from Iron Man Vol 1 55
|Like this? Let us know!|