- Die, Avenger!
- -- Whiplash
Appearing in "Whiplash Returns!"
Synopsis for "Whiplash Returns!"
Whiplash tests out his whip against a statue of Iron Man as he prepares for a rematch. He switches to his identity as "Mark Scott" at the Cincinnati Stark Industries plant where he is the head of research and engaged to plant manager Victoria Snow. Tony Stark arrives with Pepper to inspect the plant and Pepper has to coach Tony through his interactions. Victoria is put off when Mark suggests she should leave her job when they marry: Mark has planned to take her job. Victoria shows Tony a mock-up of the Quantum II orbiting laboratory and Tony presents the micro-power cell they will need to complete it, but Whiplash appears and takes the device. Tony becomes Iron Man and battles Whiplash, who damages his gauntlets and unibeam. However, Iron Man uses magnetic discs to take his whip away. Sensing defeat, Whiplash collapses some machinery on to Iron Man to escape. Tony leaves Victoria to complete the Quantum II and she breaks off her engagement to Mark: Mark is happy to leave her, having seen how she admires Iron Man.
- Romita is credited with an art assist.
- In this issue, Whiplash uses the alias "Mark Scott".
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story# 1584Z.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Rich Roder, Joe Gordon, and Gary Frazier.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 62 on the forums
- Images from Iron Man Vol 1 62
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|