Appearing in "At the Mercy of the Mandarin!"
- Professor Goro Watanabe
- Fujiko Watanabe
- Harry Key
- Edwin Jarvis
- U.S. Senate
- Jonathan Rich (Real name first revealed)
- United States of America
- Avengers Quinjet
Synopsis for "At the Mercy of the Mandarin!"
Iron Man fights Sunfire while Jasper Sitwell protects Fujiko and Goro Watanade. Harry Key has found his way to Stark's private lab to steal Iron Man's extra suits of armor, but they're already gone. Madame Masque confronts and overpowers him. Iron Man defeats Sunfire and returns to his lab where it's discovered that the Mandarin has O'Brien, thinking he's actually Iron Man. Stark tells Krissy and Sitwell that he and Iron Man are leaving despite his pending subpoena. He recharges and gets a quinjet from Avengers Mansion, briefly passing Jarvis. At the congressional hearing, Senator Hawk tells Senator Byrd that Stark should be on his way, but his assistant Jon has evidence proving Stark's guilt: his attache case. As Iron Man arrives in China the Mandarin launches his missile. Iron Man frees O'Brien in mid-air and diverts the missile. They switch armors, revealing to O'Brien that Stark himself is Iron Man, and Tony sets off to confront the Mandarin.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Don Jacobson, Carl Telander, David Hite, Michael Christainsen, and Hugh Hansen.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 1 99 on the forums
- 3 Images from Iron Man Vol 1 99
|Like this? Let us know!|