Appearing in "Machinery of War Part Three: Cheating Death"
- James Rhodes (Appears in flashback)
- Dr. Glenda Sandoval (Appears in flashback)
- Stark Solutions
- Baintronics Inc.
- The Devil (Invoked)
- Avengers (Referenced)
- Warbird (Carol Danvers) (Mentioned)
- Lou (a Puget Sound worker) (Only appearance)
- Several unnamed Puget Sound workers (Only appearance)
- Madame Masque (Whitney Frost) (Corpse)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Heavens (Invoked)
Synopsis for "Machinery of War Part Three: Cheating Death"
Iron Man and War Machine battle while fighting off Sunset's smart weapons, which are powered by Jocasta. Rhodey arrives with Glenda, distracting War Machine. Despite this, Parnell eventually gets the drop on Iron Man, but Rhodey reminds Parnell that he still owes Rhodey for saving his life; Parnell quits on Clarke and departs, leaving Iron Man unharmed, but tells Rhodey the debt is paid. Iron Man uses the discarded additional War Machine armaments to destroy Sunset's smart weapons. Upset with Iron Man's ability to easily usurp Clarke's armaments, Sunset fires him. Jocasta decides she doesn't want to be used in the way Sunset has programmed her, so she initiates her self-destruct sequence. Iron Man blasts into Baintronics and locates Jocasta and downloads her master program into his armor as her head melts. Sunset tries to explain away her attack on Iron Man as an unauthorized munitions test, but he just leaves. Iron Man returns home to the waiting Rhodey and Glenda, then transfers Jocasta's master program into his own computers. He offers to construct a new body for her, but she says there's no rush. Meanwhile, Det. Plexico oversees some construction workers pull another Madame Masque body out of Puget Sound.
- It's heavy metal mayhem of the highest order as IRON MAN and the all-new WAR MACHINE collide for the fate of JOCASTA! Does TONY STARK have what it takes to beat his deadly double, who's bigger and badder than ever?! It's the crushing conclusion to the three-part war!
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|