- HAH! If this is the best the world can muster -- then 'twill be Inferno who rules supreme! By the greater glory of Balthakk -- Let the call at last go forth! And when all are chosen, this world shall se the dawning of the Eighth Day! And it shall tremble!
- -- Inferno
Appearing in "Burning Need"
- Roxxon Corporation
- Madame Masque (Whitney Frost) (Mentioned)
- Madame Masque (Whitney Frost) (Corpse)
- Sapper (Mentioned)
- Golden-Blade (Mentioned)
- U.S. Government (Mentioned)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Mentioned)
- Joseph Danvers (Only in flashback)
- Steve Danvers (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- U.S. Air Force (Only in flashback)
- N.A.S.A. (Referenced)
- Captain Mar-Vell (Recap)
- Absorbing Man (Carl Creel) (Recap)
- Avengers (Recap)
- Marcus Immortus (Recap)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Human-Kree Hybrids (Main story and flashback)
- Kree (Recap)
- Synthezoids (Recap)
- Asgardians (Recap)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Limbo (Referenced)
- Safe Armor
- Warbird's Suit
- Captain Marvel's Suit (Recap)
- Absorbing Man's Ball and Chain (Recap)
- Hawkeye's Suit (Recap)
Synopsis for "Burning Need"
While firefighters try to extinguish the blazing Roxxon refinery, Iron Man and Warbird evacuate the workers inside. They're told the automatic shutoffs have failed, so they re-enter the refinery to shut them off manually. An explosion knocks loose a tank of liquefied natural gas; Warbird tries to get it away from the fire, but it is too heavy; then Iron Man lends a hand and together they throw it high into the sky to explode harmlessly. As Warbird claims she could have done better if she had steadied herself with a drink earlier, Iron Man tries to tell Warbird that she doesn't have to do things alone, and accepting help isn't a sign of weakness, but she doesn't listen.
Appearing in "Strange Things Done in the Midnight Sun"
- Dr. J. Vernon Mann (First appearance)
- Council of Antiquarians
- Inferno (Samantha McGee) (First appearance)
- Diane Cummings (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Lord (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- The Devil (Invoked)
- T'Challa (Referenced)
- Balthakk (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Strange Things Done in the Midnight Sun"
A disgruntled charter plane pilot who hates cold weather, Samantha McGee, waits for Tony Stark at the airport to fly him into the Arctic Circle, where an archaeologist has discovered an ancient, alien temple deep under the ice: the Temple of Balthakk. Stark learns that the unsavory dwarf Abner Little is in charge of the operation. Soon, they are attacked by Little’s rivals in the antiquities trade, Zorba and Zanda. In the ensuring skirmish, the temple door opens, and McGee enters, where she finds an ancient heat energy, which merges with her to form a being calling herself Inferno. Inferno easily knocks out Iron Man and gloats that the world will soon see the dawning of the Eighth Day.
- A new era of villainy unfolds as seven new villains with powers to rival the JUGGERNAUT are born!
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
Warbird (Carol Danvers)
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 3 21 on the forums
- Images from Iron Man Vol 3 21
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|