- We just invented the best cell phone on Earth. We don't need military money anymore.
- -- Tony Stark
Appearing in "Extremis (Part II of VI)"
- Beck (Behind the scenes)
- Stark International
- Geoff (First appearance) (an SI employee)
- Markko (an SI employee)
- Nilson (Behind the scenes)
- Aldrich Killian (Mentioned)
- Tony Stark's Private Jet
Synopsis for "Extremis (Part II of VI)"
Tony Stark is on board his jet en route to meet with an old colleague, Maya Hansen of FuturePharm. During the journey he gets into a debate with his executives concerning revenue and the marketability of their new highly advanced cell phone.
Arriving at FuturePharm, Maya tells him everything that has happened concerning the theft of the Extremis project. The Extremis project involves bioelectric robotics and is intended to be a modern day version of the Super Soldier Serum. To alleviate Maya's distress, Tony recommends visiting an old friend named Sal.
Sal is an aging hippie who bears a striking resemblance to Jerry Garcia and lives by himself in a cabin in the woods. The two drink fresh apple juice and discuss the philosophy of technology.
Meanwhile, Mallen, the terrorist who was injected with the Extremis compound, fully develops his powers. He walks into the FBI Headquarters in Texas and begins mercilessly slaughtering everyone he can find. Bullets are ineffective against him and he appears to have super strength, as well as the ability to breathe flame.
A phone call is made to Maya Hansen who turns on the news. She knows that the maniac terrorizing the FBI building is a product of Extremis.
- This issue is reprinted in the Iron Man: Extremis trade paperback.
- The Extremis benefactor's name is given as Madden in this issue, but he is re-named Mallen in subsequent issues.
- First appearance of Sal Kennedy.
- First and only appearance to date of Geoff and Marko.
- The Extremis story arc was adapted in a motion comic mini-series comprised of 6 episodes called "Iron Man: Extremis". The mini-series was created by Marvel Knights Animation and released on iTunes in April 16, 2010.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man Vol 4 2 on the forums
- Images from Iron Man Vol 4 2
|Like this? Let us know!|