Following the destruction of the Ironheart Armor Model 2 at the hands of Thanos on Chitauri Prime, Riri Williams, with encouragement by her fellow Champion Viv, began construction on a new suit of armor. The end result was the Ironheart 3.0, which Riri completed shortly after returning to Earth.
Compared to the Model 2, the Model 3 features a revised design which improves many of her previous suit's facilities, specifically durability and aerodynamics. The new design makes the suit lighter, faster, and more powerful and can be stored in a specialized bracer worn on Riri's left wrist when not in use. When activated, the armor deploys and assembles around the user in a matter of seconds. More advanced features include a dynamic faceplate which can changes its opacity between solid and transparent for improved visibility. The suit also features on-board artificial intelligence which supports many of the suit's more complex functions including tactical analysis and scanning of targets.
- Riri was inspired by the plating of the Chitauri's armor when creating this suit.
- This armor was designed by Stefano Caselli, who had also designed the Ironheart Armor Model 2.
- 22 Appearances of Ironheart Armor Model 3
- 4 Minor Appearances of Ironheart Armor Model 3
- 1 Media Ironheart Armor Model 3 was Mentioned in
- 58 Images featuring Ironheart Armor Model 3
- Item Gallery: Ironheart Armor Model 3
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Champions Vol 2 #22
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Infinity Countdown: Champions #2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Champions Vol 2 #23
- ↑ Zub, Jim (23 May 2018). Jim Zub on Twitter: "Riri Williams fans + cosplayers: Not sure if you saw the first look yesterday, but IRONHEART is getting a new armor design that will debut in an upcoming Champions issue! @St3Caselli did a wonderful job designing Riri's new look. @Marvel @CBCebulski #cosplay… https://t.co/WwClueE8LG". Twitter. Retrieved on 20 July 2018.