Isis' name was invoked at least circa 3300 BC.
Since 5,000 years ago, Isis looked for the pieced body of Osiris, but each time failed to find one piece among the fourteen.
In 1000 AD, the Third Host of the Celestials occurred, during which the aliens informed they would return 1,000 years later to judge Earth's right to continue existing. While the pantheons prepared for war, Gaea planned a peaceful solution to the problem with many goddesses, among them Isis.
For the next thousand years, they searched for humans representing mankind's highest ideals, to be offered to the Celestials as an offering. The goddesses placed the candidates in suspended animation, with their superhuman potential, the legacy of the First Host, awakened.
Osiris , Horus and Isis were finally freed in modern times, where they encountered Thor and Odin. Osiris participated in the Ceremony of Rebirth which reincarnated Odin as Atum-Ra. Osiris aided Thor in defeating Seth. ...
Horus and Isis later attempted to ensure his rebirth during the equinox in New Orleans, where Satan was also trying to ensure the rebirth so he would gain power from it. Ultimately, Daimon Hellstrom prevented the resurrection of Osiris.
Powers and Abilities
She had enhanced speed, metahuman stamina and regenerative durability, superhuman agility, reflexes, and strength (class 10).
She had above normal intelligence, with extensive knowledge of Egyptian magical lore, yet minimal fighting skills.
She had a class 10 strength.
- Isis' symbol is the Disc.
- The Celestial Heliopolis Gods' entry in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #5 (as well as Isis' entry in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #9) and the Celestial Heliopolis' entry in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (Vol. 2) #5 erroneously respectively state that Isis first appeared in Thor #240 and Thor #280, instead of Thor #239.
- 16 appearance(s) of Isis (Deity) (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Isis (Deity) (Earth-616)
- 6 image(s) of Isis (Deity) (Earth-616)