Ister was a Proto-Mutant, the offshoot of humanity in which the X-Gene first evolved. 600 years ago, the proto-mutants living in Crimea, including Ister, were massacred by superstitious baseline humans, due to their resistance to the black plague that was occurring, and their bodies dumped into a mass grave. His own sister was killed for her blood to be drunk, thought to be a cure for the disease.
Gray sent the giant-sized Ister on a rampage through Canada, but he was telepathically calmed by the X-Men's Psylocke and reverted to his normal size. Ister was taken into the X-Men's custody, and told them his story with Illyana Rasputin acting as translator.
Unfortunately for Ister, Gray deemed that he had divulged too much information, and shut off his brain remotely, killing him.
His memories were stored inside Psylocke, and through her, he was able to see and grieve his dead sister who was found in Gray's lab, automatically killed when Gray committed suicide. Both bodies were later ceremonially burned.
Ister was a Proto-Mutant who displayed the following abilities:
- Size Manipulation: Ister was able to increase his physical size to colossal levels.
- Proto-Mutants Abilities: Ister possessed some abilities seemingly common to his kind.
He also displayed some kind of force-fields, corrosive aura or superhuman strength powers, destroying things on his passage, and leaving some kind of trail. This effect seemingly stopped around the time he crossed Psylocke's path.
- 2 Appearances of Ister (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Ister (Earth-616)
- Media Ister (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Ister (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Ister (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Ister (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|