Iron Man 2 video game, see: Firepower (Earth-199999)
Jack Taggart was a soldier working in the employ of Aldrich Killian after being infused with the Extremis virus when the regulation of his dosage began to fail. An associate Eric Savin, left a case with Extremis ampules with him in public, but before he could remove himself to a more private setting, he was bumped by Happy Hogan and dropped the case. Hogan moved to assist, disguising a move to pocket an ampule, only to be accosted by Savin. Taggart moved away from the pair's altercation, long enough to imbibe the contents of an ampule. Unfortunately it had the opposite effect of what he had hoped for, and caused his Extremis dose to go critical. Taggart exploded, killing a number of innocent bystanders in the process and critically injuring Hogan.
Extremis virus: The Extremis virus injected into living tissue results in a wide range of effects within the host organism. The intention of Extremis was to enhance, although the compound was flawed. In all hosts it causes intense pain until it either bonds with the host successfully, or destroys the host in a violent explosion. Even in cases where the Extremis virus has successfully bonded, the host organism may be at risk of the compound becoming unstable and detonating with sufficient force to burn nearby bystanders to dust, and crater solid concrete underfoot.
- Enhanced Agility: The Extremis virus enhances musculature to become more powerful in its motion, granting the host marginally enhanced agility.
- Exothermic Reaction: Hosts of the Extremis virus are able to consciously raise the temperature of parts of their bodies. The effect can be controlled to the extent that it might only scorch skin, or increased to the point where it can cause steel to turn into a molten state.
- Superhuman Strength: The Extremis virus enhances the muscular power of the host considerably. The extent appears to vary within marginal limits, but most have demonstrated the ability to hoist the weight of a human male effortlessly in one hand and hurl such a weight across a room.
- Tissue Regeneration: The Extremis virus imparts incredible restorative capabilities upon the host organism. Superficial wounds close over and heal completely in a matter of seconds, and severed limbs can take minutes to regrow.
The Extremeis virus was terminally unstable, which eventually led to his death.
- 2 Appearances of Jack Taggart (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Jack Taggart (Earth-199999)
- Media Jack Taggart (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Jack Taggart (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Jack Taggart (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Jack Taggart (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|