- ...I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
- -- Logan src
Wolverine's life began in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada, sometime between 1882 and 1885 . The mutant who would come to be known simply as "Logan" was born James Howlett, the illegitimate son of Elizabeth Howlett (who was married to John Howlett, owner of a large estate) and the Howletts' grounds-keeper, Thomas Logan. As a boy, James was notably frail and prone to bouts of allergic attacks. He was largely neglected by his mother, who had been institutionalized for a time following the death of her first son, John Jr.
James spent most of his early years on the Howlett Estate grounds with two playmates that lived at the estate with him: Rose O'Hara, a red-headed Irish girl who was brought in from town to be a companion to young James, and a boy nicknamed "Dog", Thomas Logan's son (and James's half-brother). The children were close friends, but, as they reached adolescence, the abuse inflicted upon Dog warped his mind. Dog made unwanted advances towards Rose, which James reported to his father. In retaliation, Dog killed James' puppy, leading to the expulsion of Thomas and Dog from the estate.
Thomas, in a drunken stupor and armed with a shotgun, invaded the Howlett Estate with his son and attempted to take his former lover Elizabeth with him. John, Sr. attempted to stop him and Thomas shot him in the head, in cold blood. James had just entered the room when this occurred and his mutation finally manifested: bone claws extended from the backs of his hands and he attacked the intruders with uncharacteristic ferocity, killing Thomas and scarring Dog's face with three claw marks. Already an emotionally disturbed woman since the death of her first son, Elizabeth, completely unhinged, drove James away and took her life immediately afterward with a blast from Thomas' gun.
James with Rose’s help decided to flee the mansion after Dog told the police that Rose was the one who killed John and Elizabeth Howlett, the duo decided to ask for the help of James’ grandfather who gave them some money and told them to run away. The duo then found themselves in the Yukon Territories in Canada, taking refuge in a British Columbia stone quarry, under the guise of being cousins. James also assumed the name of "Logan," in order to hide his identity. In here Logan, would become one of the most respected man by the miners for his hard work and would gained the nickname “Wolverine”.
Logan’s powers would grow and as time passed he would become stronger, his healing factor would slowly remove the traumatic memories of his childhood and he would slowly accept his feral nature. During this period, Logan developed strong feelings for Rose, but could not act on them for the sake of their guise as cousins. Smitty, who had been mentoring Logan all these years, had also grown close to Rose and the two eventually fell in love and became engaged, much to the scorn and surprise of Logan, who later accepted the situation for the sake of Rose's happiness.
But as Logan accepted Rose’s decision and made sure that both her and Smitty could leave the mine and live a peaceful life, someone from Logan’s past came back looking for revenge: Dog. In the midst of the battle, Logan finally remembered who Dog was and what happened on the night his father was killed. Logan defeated Dog and was about to kill him, but Rose accidently fell on his claws and died. Shocked by what happened, Logan’s mind shut down and he decided to abandon the civilized world and lived with the wolves. 
In the years that followed, Logan was tracked by Dog once again , he met Nathaniel Essex who was obsessed with mutations  and several members of the Creed family  for the first time before finally coming back to the civilization. 
It was around this time that Romulus, a supposed immortal being, had taken interest in the Hudson line, Logan's mother's family, and over coming decades, he whether directly or through proxies, altered or erased Logan's memories to suit him.
The Death of Silver Fox
Back to the civilized world, Logan, apparently under Romulus’ guidance, started to travel all around the world such as Japan and Madripoor  where he met for the first time Seraph (who was also working for Romulus) , the Hand and faced another agent of Romulus: Sabretooth. 
At some point later, Logan traveled to another frontier community in the Canadian Rockies and met a young Blackfoot Indian woman, named Silver Fox, with whom he fell in love.. The two shared a cabin together and lived happily for a time. On Logan's birthday, Sabretooth, supposedly under Romulus’ orders, brutally attacked Silver Fox, raping her and leaving her for dead, the first of many birthday "surprises" from him to come. Enraged, Logan battled him in a bar, only to be defeated and almost killed.  Sabretooth, then manipulated a feral, mindless Logan into believing the people of a nearby town had ordered Silver Fox's death, prompting Logan to slaughter the inhabitants of the town and falling under Romulus’ control. 
The Immortal Warrior
In the years that followed Silver Fox’ death, Logan travelled all around the world, he became a mercenary, an assassin, and outlaw, a spy, a samurai and fought in many wars. It’s during that time, that Logan met for the first time his master and father figure Lord Ogun  but also several foes that would later became some of his fiercest enemies such as Cyber  , Mystique , Nuke  or Bloodscream .
Logan also met several key marvel characters and heroes such as Natalia Romanoff  who he trained in martial arts, the vampire hunter Eric Brooks , Bucky Barnes , Nick Fury , but more importantly Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America.  After the end of World War II, Logan, under Ogun's advice, sought redemption in Jasmine Falls, Japan, where he studied with Bando Saburo, in order to learn how to be a man and to leave his warrior nature behind. In here he fell in love with a local woman named Itsu Akihiro. They married and conceived a child together which filled Logan with joy but Istu was murdered by the now brainwashed Bucky Barnes a.k.a the Winter Soldier under Romulus’ orders. 
Believing that both his wife and child were dead, Logan disappeared and to avenge their deaths he went to see an immortal swordsmith named Muramasa, who used a piece of Logan’s soul to forge a mighty blade that Logan would retrieve years later.  Logan was then retrieved by Romulus’ organization and brainwashed once again, but unknown to him, Romulus also took the child from Itsu's womb and he was safely born and adopted by a Japanese couple. This child was named Akihiro, but he eventually took the name "Daken," which means "Mongrel." 
By 1961, Logan, known as Wolverine now, joined Weapon X Project, part of the Weapon Plus Program, which had been created to fight the mutant menace. He was then placed on the Black Ops squad run by the CIA, called Team X, with Sabretooth, Silver Fox (who surprisingly appeared to be alive and with no memories of her time with Logan), Maverick, Kestrel and Mastodon. During this time, Logan and the others received memory implants via staged scenarios, telepathic manipulation by Aldo Ferro, and other technology. Weapon X also duplicated Wolverine's healing factor and implanted it in Team X, slowing their aging processes.
In 1963, Wolverine was shot with Carbonadium bullets, which slowed his healing factor so that Weapon X or Romulus could know how to kill him. The bullets were removed but Logan awoke earlier than expected, and he regained his memories for the first time in years, because they hadn't been altered yet. Logan tried to keep the secret, and he rendezvoused with Team X in Berlin, East Germany. The team retrieved the Carbonadium Synthesizer and Janice Hollenbeck, a double agent. However, Sabretooth, apparently was aware that Wolverine had regained his memories, killed Janice to reinforce Wolverine's conditioning about innocents dying when he overstepped Romulus' boundaries. After this event Logan quit Team X.
Logan's women and the Mongrels
During all those years, Logan met and fell in-love with many women and unknown to him, he also fathered a number of children that he forgot about because of the constant brainwashing he suffered. Those children would be found later on by another one of Logan's son, Daken who would give them to an evil organization who wanted revenge on Logan for what he did to them: the Red Right Hand. On Daken’s advices, the Red Right Hand trained them, in order to use them as a weapons against Logan. They would be known as the Mongrels. 
The Weapon X experiment
After quitting Team X, Logan, joined Department K, a secret Canadian Defense Ministry branch which had some ties with Weapon X, where he participated in several top secret missions and met Benjamin Grimm  and Carol Danvers . He also helped Nick Fury deal with Sym-Soldiers in Vietnam where he discovered for the first time the existence of alien life and was possessed for the first time by a symbiote. 
Later duing one mission, Logan accidently shot a fellow agent, after this accident he decided to quit Department K and turned to drugs and alcohol before deciding to leave Canada. But before leaving Canada, while in his Lotus Seven, Logan was pumped full of Thorazine, beaten, and kidnapped, by a group of armed men from the Weapon X Project, possibly under Romulus' orders. The man known only as the Professor, Dr. Abraham Cornelius, and Dr. Carol Hines began to examine Logan while he floated in a containment tank. Logan's skeleton, including his claws, was bonded with the indestructible metal known as adamantium, making it unbreakable, and his personality was buried beneath the most intense brainwashing he had ever undergone.
Logan was then put under deep hypnosis, telling him that he was not a man or individual, and being a man disgusted him. Reduced to a near-mindless state, Logan was apparently forced by Weapon X to slaughter every inhabitant of the small town of Roanoke as a test.
Logan proved too difficult for the Weapon X Program to control and, after some time, he broke free of the programming, fell into a berserker fury and escaped the facility, killing nearly everyone except for the Professor, Dr. Cornelius, Dr. Hines, and Malcolm Colcord, who later became the Director of a new Weapon X Program.  Wolverine's healing factor was probably exhausted by his ordeal, since over the next few years he healed more slowly than ever before.
Facing the Hulk and joining the X-Men
While he recovered, Logan regained enough of his human persona to be horrified at his claws, believing them to be artificial implants. After recovering his mental faculties with the Hudson's help, Logan became a member of Canada's Department H the superhuman-oriented government agency James Hudson founded.
Some time after, the Canadian military mobilized to fight the Hulk, but Wolverine received orders from Romulus to attract an unidentified party's attention by fighting the Hulk. Wolverine started a battle with the Hulk and a Wendigo.
Wolverine's speed and maneuverability proved to be a match for the two plodding powerhouses, but after realizing Hulk was a more formidable opponent, he changed tactics. Teaming up with Hulk to take out the Wendigo, Hulk threw the Wendigo into a patch of trees and Wolverine then delivered the finishing blow. The Hulk and Wolverine kept on fighting, and as Hulk had by now grown so enraged that Wolverine's adamantium claws failed to penetrate his skin, he finally managed to temporarily knock Wolverine out. Quickly back on his feets and despite his protests to keep fighting the Hulk, Wolverine was ordered to return to Department H while the Hulk was knocked out with a gas bomb and captured. 
Wolverine then spent months completing some espionage missions until he was approached by Charles Xavier, attracted by his fight with the Hulk (as Romulus expected), who was looking for mutants to help his students, the X-Men, to escape from the island-being known as Krakoa. Wolverine resigned from Department H to accompany Professor Xavier and rescue the captured X-Men.
Shortly after, Wolverine, under Romulus' instructions, tried to assassinate Xavier, but Charles broke Romulus' hold on Wolverine by blocking the effects of his programming. After Krakoa was defeated, Wolverine decided to stay with the X-Men, at the School for Gifted Youngsters, with fellow new recruits Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Thunderbird, and Banshee, as the original members left to pursue a normal life.
Logan remained with the X-Men for quite some time, but a rivalry grew between him and Cyclops, one of the reasons being that he had fallen for Scott's girlfriend, telekinetic telepath Jean Grey, who soon rejoined the group. Despite being at first skeptical of Xavier's hope for mutant and human coexistence, Wolverine began to respect his ideals, determination and goals, and grew to be a loyal and trusted member of the X-Men. Wolverine also developed a strong friendship with Kurt Wagner, Peter Rasputin and Ororo Munroe.
Meeting and falling in love with Mariko
When the X-Men traveled to Agarashima, Japan, Logan met Lady Mariko Yashida and aided her cousin, former X-Man Sunfire, in battling Moses Magnum. Although she was unable to requite his love, Wolverine fell in love with Lady Mariko, heir to an extremely powerful Yakuza family in Tokyo. Initially frightened, Mariko was soon set at ease by Wolverine, who was attracted to her gentle demeanor, and both fell in love.
After investigating the return of his letters to Mariko, Logan learned that she had been married to an abusive husband, Noburo Hideki. Logan intended to kill her husband, but was then drugged and challenged to a duel of wooden swords by Mariko's father, Lord Shingen. During the duel, Logan was soundly beaten and humiliated in front of Mariko, due to the poisoning and Shingen using deadly pressure points. Logan then threw the sword and unsheathed his claws, only to be beaten more and revered as an "animal cast in a semblance of human form," for using deadly force in a non-lethal duel. With this act, Logan had dishonored himself to Mariko and was cast into the streets, where he was rescued by Yukio, later his close friend and sometimes lover. After being attacked by the Hand, Yukio manipulated Logan into helping her, which led to further embarrassment in front of Mariko.
Upon realizing his deceit, Logan took the fight directly to Shingen. After Yukio killed Mariko's husband, Wolverine was forced to kill Lady Mariko's father, Lord Shingen, in a duel. Afterward, Mariko gave Logan the Clan Yashida Masamune sword, stating he was worthy. Forged 800 years ago by the supreme sword-smith Masamune, the sacred blade represented everything that was best and most noble in the family and the samurai, the lord’s champion, who wielded it. With the deaths of her father and husband, Mariko was named head of Clan Yashida. Logan stayed with her, and they later announced their engagement.
Before the wedding service, Viper and Mariko's half-brother Silver Samurai poisoned the X-Men and battled Logan over control of Clan Yashida, from Mariko. At first enraged at seeing Rogue had joined the X-Men, Logan gained her respect after she saved the life of Mariko, by jumping in front of a shot from Viper intended for her. Mariko and Logan became estranged, due to the honor customs of her family, as well as the manipulations of the villain Mastermind, and Logan returned the Masamune sword to her. After the X-Men defeated Mastermind, Mariko returned the honor sword to him and stated that she had to break her Clan's criminal connections. Mariko felt that she could not marry Wolverine until she did this.
Meeting Amiko, training Shadowcat and facing Ogun
Weeks later, the X-Men battled a giant dragon when they were teleported to Japan. Unable to save a dying woman, Wolverine vowed to protect her daughter, Amiko Kobayashi. Logan initially left Amiko in the care of Mariko and the X-Men next battled Selene. Amiko would eventually become Wolverine's foster daughter.
Following a distress call from teammate Kitty Pryde, Wolverine traveled to Japan. Kitty was then captured and put under the mental control of Ogun. Ogun mentally controlled her, transforming her body and soul as he had originally intended to do to Wolverine. After arriving in Japan, Kitty was sent to kill Wolverine and injured him greatly, but with help from Yukio, she was restored.
Logan undertook a crash program in order to teach Kitty's body, just as Ogun had taught her mind, to become skillful enough in the Japanese martial arts to contend against Ogun and to help her overcome his evil. Kitty went to face Ogun herself, who was attempting to kill Mariko and Amiko to punish Wolverine. After being defeated by Ogun, he offered Kitty, calling herself Shadowcat, to join him or die. At that time, Wolverine came to her rescue. Sadly, Wolverine was also overwhelmed and the two of them sat helplessly at Ogun's mercy. In a turn of events, Kitty informed Wolverine that she was scared until he arrived and when he apologized, she stated that she did not want an apology, but life. At that moment, Wolverine turned the battle and defeated Ogun and Kitty regained her innocence that Ogun had taken. After killing Ogun, although his spirit survived, Logan and Kitty became very close friends, with her as a near-foster daughter to him.
It was during this adventure that Logan learned from Charles Xavier that his friend James "Mac" Hudson died. After Ogun was defeated, Logan decided to head back to Canada and checked on Heather Hudson in order to support her in this ordeal. 
Lady Deathstrike and Sabretooth
Some time after, Yuriko Oyama a.k.a Lady Deathstrike tracked Logan and wanted to kill him. Her father Lord Darkwind invented the process that laced Logan's skeleton with adamantium but his works was stolen and as a result she wanted Logan to return what he had stolen from her father.  Yuriko swore to defeat Wolverine and avenge both her honor and the honor of her father, to that end she went to see Spiral, she was then changed into a cyborg with superhuman strength and Adamantium claws. Three former Hellfire Club soldiers that were severely injured by Wolverine when he saved the X-Men from the Hellfire Club, also swore revenge on Logan and as a result they were also changed into cyborgs and became the Reavers. Lady Deathstrike and her Reavers then attacked Wolverine and almost killed him.
Fortunately, Logan was aided by Katie Power and with her help he was able to recover from his wounds and defeat the Reavers. Logan then confronted Lady Deathstrike and after a violent battle he defeated her and was horrified to discover what Yuriko did to herself in order have her revenge against him. Despite Yuriko begging Logan to kill her out of mercy, he refused and told her she had to earn it. 
But soon after, another ghost from Logan’s past appeared once again: Sabretooth. When the X-Men attempted to rescue the Morlocks after the Marauders began to indiscriminately massacre them, Wolverine was charged with bringing one of the Marauder as a prisoner.  While hunting the Marauders, Logan was confronted by Sabretooth who was about to kill the Healer, despite wanted to fight Sabretooth and kill him as a revenge for everything he did to him in the past, Logan decided that saving the Healer was more important than his feud with his old foe. As a result Logan managed to trap Sabretooth under a pile of rubble and helped the Healer to get to safety. 
Unfortunately for Wolverine, Sabretooth wasn't done with him. After the evacuation of all the surviving Morlocks from their tunnels, Sabretooth sneaked inside the X-Mansion, knocked down Rogue and tried to kill the X-Men newest recruit: Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock. Betsy was able to handle her own for a while despite Sabretooth's ferocious attacks until the X-Men finally arrived at the mansion. Wolverine then decided to confront Sabretooth while Psylocke used this opportunity to probe Sabretooth's mind in order to learn who was the secret leader of the Marauders.
Despite Sabretooth's psy-shields, Betsy succeeded and after letting Logan and the X-Men know, the team decided to help Wolverine against his foe. Sabretooth knowing that he was going to lose against both Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men decided to dive into the lake near the Mansion, with Wolverine following after him. But in the end, Sabretooth managed to escape and not even Psylocke could detect him.
Crystal of Ultimate Vision
On the anniversary of his wedding to Mariko, the team was abducted by Horde who wanted to use them as his lackeys in order to retrieve the Crystal of Ultimate Vision, of which he wore a shard on his forehead. The X-Men were sent to the Citadel of Light and Shadow, where the crystal was hidden. As the X-Men progressed through it, the citadel created illusions of each of their most powerful desires. Only Wolverine, Storm, and Psylocke were able to resist. Wolverine reached the Crystal but Horde cut him down and killed him by removing his heart that he wanted to keep as a trophy. However, a lone drop of Logan's blood splattered on the Crystal, which gave out enough energy for Wolverine to be restored and reborn. Empowered to godhood, Wolverine plucked the crystal shard from Horde's forehead and the tyrant quickly aged and crumbled to dust within seconds. Wolverine rejected the god-like power and returned the X-Men and their friends home, ensuring that the human race would be able to evolve to its full potential.
Wolverine vs Spider-Man
After the deaths of ex-KGB agents all over Manhattan, Logan was reminded of an old freelance operative from the Cold War, Charlemagne. The last time Logan had seen Charlie, she was working in West Berlin. It was a mission that Logan had protested, but Charlie insisted and her handler double-crossed her. Charlie called for Logan's help and he understood that it was serious. After fifty Soviet operatives couldn't take them down, they sent in KGB agents that had been undercover for years and Wolverine's berserker rage finished them all. After the slaughter, all that was left was a little heart shaped pendant. After leaving the X-Men in a time of need, Logan traveled to Potsdamer Platz, West Berlin, where two KGB agents blew their cover by killing muggers and Charlemagne killed them while Logan's back was turned.
While in Kurfürstendamm, Logan got the scent of Spider-Man in civilian clothing and deciphered his secret identity. Logan warned Spider-Man to stay away from Berlin and forget about Charlemagne, but when Spider-Man returned to his hotel, KGB agents killed Ned Leeds and were asking his involvement when Logan arrived and killed all of the agents and again warned Spider-Man to leave. Logan tracked Charlie to a steel mill just outside of East Berlin and the two stay together for a while. When the couple went to dinner at The Ganymed on Friedrich Strasse, Spider-Man arrived to inform them that everyone in the restaurant was an agent wanting to kill Charlie, a fact that Charlemagne and Wolverine already knew, and a gunfight broke out. After losing Charlie in the fight, Wolverine and Spider-Man attempted to track her down, by getting to her marks before she did, but were always one step behind. After the pair split, Charlemagne called Wolverine to a Soviet cemetery at Teptow and he understood that she wanted him to end her life, so that the Soviets wouldn't have the chance to torture her.
After flinching, Wolverine pulled too much and Charlemagne was bleeding to death. At that time, Spider-Man arrived and attempted to stop Logan from killing her. A brutal fight broke out between the two. While on top of Spider-Man, Wolverine stated Spider-Man would have to use all of his strength to break Wolverine's neck, while he would just have to lash out his claws to kill Spider-Man. At that time, a government chopper arrived and the two split. In the confusion, Charlemagne sneaked up on Spider-Man, aware that he was tense, and he gave a punch of super strength, killing her. Charlie died in Wolverine's arms and the agents left. After giving Spider-Man a fake passport, the pair returned home.
After the X-Men were believe to be dead to the eyes of the world and relocated to Australia, Logan found Dave Chapel in the desert tortured and dying from exposure, To investigate this matter, Wolverine returned to Madripoor, to the Princess Bar, and saved O'Donnell from thugs of a crime boss, Roche, while searching for "the Tiger." While at the bar, Logan realized that he was being watched and confronted the woman, who turned-out to be Jessán Hoan. After a brief battle with Jessán, Wolverine was beaten by Sapphire Styx and Razor-Fist and delivered to Roche. After surviving torture from Inquisitor, Wolverine escaped and was brutally attacked by Razor-Fist, who stabbed him in his throat and torso and left him for dead. Wolverine was rescued from a harbor and looked after by Jessán. After healing, Wolverine began wearing an eye patch, to keep the resurrection of the X-Men a secret, and learned that Jessán was in fact Tyger Tiger and vowed to aid her in overthrowing Roche and taking his place as the Madripoor crime lord. After defeating Razor-Fist, Wolverine and Tyger Tiger rescued O'Donnell, killed Roche, and Wolverine declared that he would become Tyger's conscience to remind her that if she became like Roche, he would come for her. After stating that he did not like crime lords, he let Tyger Tiger choose her own path. Tyger responded that he had won her heart and the two kissed.
Shortly after following the scents of suspects for a murder case, Patch ran into Karma, of the New Mutants, working for her uncle, who was attempting to overthrow Tyger Tiger, and made an uneasy ally with Police Chief Tai. After informing Tyger that he would not assassinate or kidnap for her, Patch and Tyger were beaten by Roughhouse and Bloodsport and rescued by Karma. Patch left Tyger with Jessica, Lindsay and Chang (who was killed by Roughhouse and Bloodsport) while he destroyed General Nguyen Ngoc Coy's opium supplies, where he encountered the Harriers
After disrupting Coy's drug activities, Patch took the fight directly to Coy and battled and defeated Roughhouse and Bloodsport, while rescuing Lindsay, Jessica and Tyger. Patch had General Coy at his mercy, until Prince Baran intervened and, thanks to Lindsay, considered them all honored guests of his. The Prince offered that Tyger and General Coy worked together, to stop a power vacuum and warzone in Madripoor and Patch convinced Tyger to accept. 
Next, Patch began his quest to save Karma from her uncle's service, but was sidetracked when he learned that disrupting General Coy's drug activities planted a target on the General's head and Karma needed him to help her find her missing brother and sister. Patch accompanied Xi'an Coy Manh to the airport to witness the arrival of Joe Fixit, who Patch smelled right away and recognized as the Hulk. Patch went-on to use Joe to disrupt General Coy's drug and slave operations. Later, Police Chief Tai informed Patch that he was aware the Patch and Wolverine were one and the same. Remembering his first "birthday gift" from Creed, Patch saved a couple from being mugged and was later targeted by the thugs. After escaping an attempted hit, Patch tracked them to the Princess Bar only to find them dead and a note from Creed reading "Nobody kills you but me - especially today."
Logan continued to juggle between his life with the X-Men in Australia and his solo adventures in Madripoor for a while but one day after returning from Madripoor, Logan was attacked and captured by the Reavers and Donald Pierce who then decided to hang him on a cross and tortured him. While on the cross, Logan had several fever dreams during which he saw several of his friends and foes but also a vision of what was happening to the X-Men thanks to Gateway. Logan learned that without him and after Longshot quit the team and the recent events, the X-Men were weakened and Pierce and the Reavers intended to kill them when they were at their lowest. Psylocke knew the X-Men had no chance against the imminent attack, so she telepathically convinced her teammates to enter the Siege Perilous in order to save them. The X-Men gone, Pierce was left more furious than ever and decided to take his anger on Logan.
After Gateway showed him what happened, Logan was then confronted again by Pierce who decided to crucify him on a X-shaped cross, shortly after a powerful storm started which forced the Reavers to leave Logan alone. In the middle of the storm, a young runaway mutant named Jubilee who secretly followed the X-Men for a while after they saved her from the M-Squad, witnessed what was happening to Logan from afar and decided to help him despite the fear of being caught and killed by the Reavers.
But as she was approaching, Logan has had enough of the torture and amidst the thunder he screamed and unleashed the berserker in his soul. Despite the pain, Logan managed to free himself and fell to the ground. Jubilee both amazed and afraid by what she saw, helped him get back on his feet.
Jubilee hid the wounded Logan who had trouble to heal and who started to have hallucinations of Carol Danvers and Nick Fury after what he suffered at the hands of the Reavers. Disoriented Logan attacked Jubilee but she managed to knock him back with her plasma blast and he regained his sanity. Pierce angry that Wolverine escaped sent his hounds in order to track him down but thanks to Gateway, both Logan and Jubilee managed to defeat the Reavers and escaped.
Despite being part of the Reavers, Lady Deathstrike respected Logan as a warrior, so she decided to protect the Yashida's honor sword that Logan kept in his room from the other Reavers and let him escape with Jubilee because there was no honor in killing him if he couldn't defend himself. Logan and Jubilee then decided to head to Hong Kong and more precisely to the Landau, Luckman & Lake Office in order to investigate the disappearance of the X-Men.
After this adventure, Jubilee would follow Logan on several adventures and would eventually became like a daughter to him, much like Kitty before.
With the help of Jubilee and later Psylocke, Logan was able to find the missing X-Men after a while but once the team was finally united once again, a ghost from Logan’s past was resurrected by the leader of the Hand, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, and attacked them: Omega Red. 
Omega Red with the help of Cornelius and Matsu’o was able to capture Logan who was then tortured by both Cornelius and Matsu’o in order to discover the location of C-Synthesizer, the only thing that could stabilize Omega Red’s powers. Logan was helped by another ghost from his past, his old teammate Maverick who discovered that Logan’s memories of their time as part of Team X had been removed from his mind.
With the help of the X-Men and Maverick, Wolverine was able to stop Omega Red and Matsu’o plans, recover the C-Synthesizer and gave it to Maverick. But this adventure had a profound effect on Logan, as he started to question his own memories. 
After receiving a call from Jubilee, Logan quickly headed to Japan with Gambit (to whom Logan owed money after a recent poker’s game) but unfortunately because of his adamantium skeleton he was stuck at the airport security of Los Angeles. After putting a call to SHIELD, Logan was able to go on the plane but his clearance request set off of Hydra's computers and Silver Fox called in to one of Donald Pierce's final cyborgs named Cylla to go after Logan and eliminated him. After landing in Japan, Wolverine and Gambit were attacked by the Hand that they managed to defeat but as a contingency plan the new leader of the Hand, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, bailed Jubilee out of jail and kidnapped her.
Jubilee met the assassin Reiko who was blinded by the Hand and who was tasked to kill her, in exchange Reiko would get her sights back but after Jubilee mentioned that she knew Logan, Reiko let her go as she was indebted to Logan.
Logan and Gambit finally arrived at the police’s station but they were attacked by Cylla and several ninjas sent by Matsu'o Tsurayaba, thanks to the help of Sunfire they were able to defeat them but Cylla managed to run away. Shortly after Jubilee was found by Yukio who took her to her place while Reiko was promised amnesty with the Hand by Silver Fox in exchange for her help.
After the fight at the police's station Logan and Gambit decided to head to the house of the Yashida's Family and discovered that the Clan Yashida was besieged by internal dispute. After Logan met Mariko and the Silver Samurai, the Hand attacked them forcing the Silver Samurai, Gambit and Logan to work together. Along the way Mariko gave Logan his old brown costume and he fought against Cylla again, this time defeating her.
Unfortunately, both Silver Fox and Matsu'o formed an alliance and used Reiko to trick Mariko into being poisoned, after Reiko learned who was Mariko and what she did to the woman Logan loved she killed herself. Faced with a slow and painful death, Mariko asked Wolverine to end her life quickly and mercifully. A heartbroken Logan reluctantly complied.
After the death of the woman he loved, Logan spent the next few days sitting at her grave, even under the rain and despite Gambit and Jubilee's protest Wolverine didn't want to leave. Suddenly after hearing the Silver Samurai said the word “wraith” Logan had a memory flash of the last mission he did with Team X in Berlin that resulted in the death of Janice but now he also remembered the man named Wraith. After experiencing this memory, Logan agreed to leave but on the way to the airport he caught Matsu'o's scent, he then quickly changed in his costume and faced him. Wolverine then vowed to Matsu'o that he would slice off a part of his body on the anniversary of Mariko's death until there was nothing left of him. A promise that Wolverine would kept for years until Matsu'o finally died.
The death of Mariko changed Wolverine's character significantly, making him even more disciplined and emotionally distant.
After his recent encounter with Omega Red and Shortly after having experienced yet another flashback Logan decided to investigate his past with Team X. He finally found his old teammate John Wraith who triggered several of Logan's memories thanks to a Shiva's head and revealed that he managed to capture Sabretooth. Afterwards Wraith revealed that he was worried that the age suppressor given to all Team X members was failing, Wraith's fears proved to be true as one of the members of the team named Mastodon died in front of them after the reversal of his "age suppression" factor.
After being joined by Carol Hines in his quest, Logan discovered that Silver Fox was still alive  and to his surprise, Silver Fox despised him for something she believed he had done. But before Wolverine could figure out what Silver Fox believed he had done, the team managed to trace Mastodon's death to Aldo Ferro, now known as Psi-Borg. Psi-Borg overwhelmed them with his illusions, resulting in Carol Hine's death from an heart attack and in Silver Fox's death at the hands of Sabretooth. Sabretooth and Ferro both escaped afterwards leaving Wolverine with more questions than answers.
Losing the Adamantium and going Feral
His investigation about his missing memories leading nowhere, Logan rejoined the X-Men just when Magneto unleashed an electromagnetic pulse across the Earth which killed thousands of innocent people, Xavier and the X-Men decided to infiltrate his space station in order to stop him once and for all. Unfortunately for the X-Men, the fight didn't go as planned and as Magneto was about to kill Quicksilver, Wolverine intervened, he slashed him with his claws and saved Pietro's life.
Magneto fell to his knees but quickly retaliated and used his powers to tear the adamantium out of Wolverine's skeleton, causing extensive injuries which almost killed Wolverine. These injuries overloaded Wolverine's healing factor for a time, and Logan also discovered that the claws that he believed a result of the Weapon X program were in fact part of his actual bone structure due to his mutation. As a result of his injuries and the loss of his healing factor, Logan left the X-Men for a time.
After he quit the X-Men, Wolverine travelled all around the world for a while, coming to terms with the loss of his adamantium and healing factor  and faced some of his greatest foes along the way such as Lady Deathstrike , Bloodscream  and Cyber. 
Soo after, Logan encountered the mercenary known as Deadpool and was almost killed during their fight. But fortunately, his healing factor finally returned stronger than ever and saved him. Logan then went after Deadpool but he managed to run away, Logan then decided to rejoin the X-Men.
Back at the X-mansion, Sabretooth, who was a prisoner of the X-Men at the time that Xavier was trying to reform, managed to escape from his cell and as a result Wolverine confronted him. After a severe beat down and hearing Sabretooth threatening to kill Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde and Jubilee, Logan snapped and thrust one of his claws into Sabretooth's brain almost killing him.
Wolverine's victory against Sabretooth came at price as Logan could feel his feral nature slowly taking over and as a result he decided to live in the woods for a while. Logan’s descent into madness would worsened after Tyler Dayspring tried to bond the adamtium to his skeleton once again but Logan rejected the adamantium and lost his humanity regressing to a feral like state. 
Horseman of Apocalypse
During this space adventure with the X-Men, Logan was subsequently kidnapped by the would-be conqueror Apocalypse and replaced by one of the Skrulls who infiltrated the X-Men. Logan was then forced to fight the savage assassin Sabretooth for the mantle of the Horseman Death. Knowing that he might be able to resist Apocalypse's programming and that Sabretooth would be a very dangerous villain with the support of Apocalypse, Logan fought and defeated his nemesis. As a result, Apocalypse succeeded where Genesis had failed, rebonding adamantium to Wolverine's skeleton.
As the horseman of Death, Wolverine completed several missions for Apocalypse and fought the Hulk. Meanwhile, the skrull that replaced him tried to create a rift between the X-Men and their mentor but during one mission, he was slain by the real Wolverine under Apocalypse's orders. 
After discovering that their teammate was a skrull, the X-Men found out that the real Wolverine was Apocalypse's horseman and decided to help him. Under the control of Apocalypse, Wolverine fought the X-Men ferociously in his Death persona, but Psylocke, Archangel, Kitty Pryde and Jubilee helped him broke free from Apocalypse's control.
The Logan Files and Weapon Plus
After rejoining the X-Men, Logan started to have more and more flashbacks about his past and was soon confronted by a serial killer named Mister X, the immortal Mauvais, a new Weapon X program held by Malcolm Colcord  by Ogun  and by Sabretooth. 
Using Weapon X technology, Sabretooth was able to remove Wolverine’s powers, then he hired Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike who almost killed Nightcrawler, Yukio, Heather and Mac Hudson and kidnapped Amiko, while he was stealing the “Logan Files”.  Those files were supposed to contain everything related to Logan’s past before he was abducted for the Weapon X experiment.
Along the way, Sabretooth betrayed Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike, almost killed Amiko and revealed to Logan that the “Logan Files” was a lie, the reason Logan couldn’t remember his past was because of his own healing factor removing his most traumatic memories. After this revelation, Sabretooth killed Wolverine , Logan’s soul went to the afterlife when he was welcomed by Rose’s spirit. Logan didn’t recognize Rose because of his missing memories and mistook her for Jean Grey but his will to fight kicked back his healing factor but as his soul was returning to his body, Rose revealed to Logan that she wasn’t Jean Grey leading Logan to have nightmares and an obsession about discovering the true identity of this woman.  
Not long after, Jean Grey and the Professor Xavier went to Paris and met a strange character named Fantomex who revealed several truths about the Weapon X project and most notably that Weapon X meant "Weapon 10" all along and that the Weapon X program was just a part of the Weapon Plus program which created several weapons through the years. It was also revealed that the latest weapons were created in The World which was a self-contained research facility built by Weapon Plus somewhere in rural England.
After defeating Weapon XII, Jean Grey learned that Fantomex was also a Weapon Plus victim, that his real codename was Weapon XIII and that he was also created in "The World." Shortly after while rescuing the mutant Dust, Logan met Fantomex who called him by his real name for the first time in years: "James."
Wolverine, Cyclops and Fantomex infiltrated "the World," there Wolverine learned how he had been used in the Roanoke slaughter during the Weapon X experiment, and other Weapon Plus secrets.
It was later revealed that it was Sublime's plan all along to let Logan looked at those files in order to unlock this memory about Roanoke and to bring him back to this place later on. After being confronted by the last product of the Weapon plus program Weapon XV, Logan detonated a bomb blowing up the Weapon Plus station and Weapon XV in the same process.
Around that time Wolverine received a strange letter from Sarah Kinney, telling him that a young female clone of him named Laura and codenamed X-23 was created and used to commit several assassinations all around the world. Shortly after, X-23 tracked Logan to the X-Mansion, Logan smelt her scent and led her to a quiet place where they wouldn’t be disturbed. While here Logan tried to reason with Laura, but Laura attacked him and almost killed him but before she could deal a fatal blow, Logan used this opportunity to calm her down and broke through Laura’s conditioning in order to help her. After talking to her and telling her that he would help her, Logan and Laura were attacked by the S.H.I.E.L.D. and Captain America, who were here to arrest Laura for her crimes and despite Logan’s intervention Laura was finally captured. Captain America with the help of Daredevil discovered that Laura wasn’t in control of her actions so he decided to let her go. He told her to go find Logan and the X-Men but unfortunately Laura didn’t listen to Steve’s advice and now on her own she disappeared for a while.
Some time after, Wolverine and the X-Men were investigating several murders cases committed in New York and after looking at the dead bodies Logan and Ororo discovered several slashes similar to Logan’s adamantium claws. Their investigation led them to a super-being themed nightclub called the "Wannabees." In here Logan caught Laura’s scent and when he tried to talk to her she stabbed him in the chest and cut his face with her foot claw. Not giving up on her, the X-Men tracked her and Logan finally confronted her alone, Laura attacked Logan again but this time Logan easily subdued her.
After clearing the misunderstanding, she helped the X-Men and Logan brought her to the Xavier Institute, although Logan made a deal with Laura and decided to hide the fact that he knew her to the X-Men in order to protect her. While here Laura acted really protective towards Logan following him everywhere and even attacking Bishop while he was sparring with him during a training session. Not long after Laura left the X-Men but Logan who called her his “sister,” convinced her to come back to the mansion in order to work with both the New Mutants Squad and the Hellions Squad despite Emma Frost protests.
Some time after a young boy named Rikuto was kidnapped and in order to deal with the kidnapper the parents of the boy Ichiro (who was Mariko's cousin) and Fukuko asked for Wolverine's help. It turned out the kidnapping was a setup and Wolverine was ambushed by the Hand and killed by the Gorgon who told him that they already killed Rikuto.
Hydra then used their technology to transform him into a killing machine that they unleashed abroad a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier . Now in control of Logan's body and with the help of several teleporting devices Logan was able to face against several other heroes such as Elektra  the Fantastic Four , the Hornet  and Daredevil. each time succeeding in completing his mission.
Although the fight with Daredevil proved to be decisive, as Daredevil managed to impale Wolverine on a sword creating intense pain which allowed Logan to break through Hydra mind control just in time to warn Matt that Hydra was planning to kill the President of the United States and that their fight was just a diversion allowing the Hand and Hydra to kill and resurrect Elektra as one of their own before being teleported away by Hydra. With this new information the X-Men and the Avengers were able to defeat Wolverine and took him into custody. 
Back in the hands of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury tasked a team of scientists to remove Logan's brainwashing and turned him back to his older self in order to use him against Hydra and the Hand. Once done Logan started his quest for revenge and teamed up with Elektra to take down Hydra and the Hand.
In the end Logan faced the man who killed him, the Gorgon, and was able to defeat him. After defeating the Gorgon Logan disappeared for months and searched for Rikuto's body and after finally finding where the boy was buried he told his parents the location of his body, saying he was sorry for everything.
Joining the Avengers and recovering his memories
While on a mission in the Savage Land, Wolverine met the recently reformed Avengers and eventually accepted membership, as Tony Stark felt that Logan could provide a useful perspective to the team in this modern world.
As a result of the House of M, during which Scarlet Witch altered Earth's reality and then restored it, Wolverine regained all of his memories due to Wanda attempting to give all the heroes what they most desired which allowed Logan to finally being able to sort between what was true and implanted in his mind. 
Logan then went to see the immortal blacksmith, Muramasa, and claimed the weapon forged with the piece of his soul just after Itsu's death. The Muramasa Blade now in his possession, Logan was ready to start his quest for revenge. 
With Emma Frost’s help, Logan soon discovered that Daken, his son, was alive and was hating him. After meeting his son , Logan tried to save him several times, but Daken refused his help even after learning the truth about how Romulus was responsible for everything that happened to him and Logan,  he betrayed him and tried to kill him several times. Logan understood that his son was beyond salvation so he decided to resume his quest of vengeance against Romulus. 
In the end, Logan was able to defeat Romulus and with the help of Cloak, he trapped Romulus in the Darkforce dimension and buried the Muramasa blade in a secret location to make sure no one could use it ever again.  Romulus escaped later on with Sabretooth’s help, but Logan was able to defeat him once again and he was imprisoned at the Raft.
But after all these revelations about his past, his son's betrayals, seeing him join Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers and stealing his codename, Logan started to show signs of a nervous breakdown as pointed by Yukio and Spider-Man.
Leading X-Force and losing his best friend
Shortly after Wolverine took care of Mystique who betrayed the X-Men, Cyclops decided to assemble a new X-Force consisting of Wolverine as team leader, Warpath, Wolfsbane and X-23 in order to take care of the dirty business the rest of the X-Men wouldn't do normally, including murder. Although Cyclops decided to add X-23 to the team without consulting Logan first which angered him since he was trying to have Laura to be more than a killing machine but despite Logan's protest Laura was added to the team.
The team complete several missions and welcomed new members along the way such as Elixir, Domino and the Vanisher. Shortly after, the team was sent to the future by Cyclops in order to locate and help Cable and Hope against Bishop and Stryfe. Once in the future, the team managed to defeat Stryfe and protect Hope but Bishop ran away. Back in our time, X-23 managed to save Boom Boom and killed the Leper Queen, but she was captured and took to the Facility and tortured by Adam Harkins and Kimura. Thanks to the help of Agent Morales, Wolverine and the team managed to locate Laura and rescue her.
But after this event Wolverine told Cyclops that Laura was out of the team from now on, Cyclops agreed but first he had one more mission for X-Force. During the events of Second Coming, Cable and Hope finally came back to our time, Wolverine and his X-Force team had to help them against the Purifiers and the Human Council. Unfortunately, after X-23 killed a prisoner in front of the X-Men the news about X-Force broke out and a rift was created between Wolverine and several members of the X-Men most notably with his best friend Nightcrawler. Before Logan could explain himself to his best friend, Kurt was killed by Bastion while trying to protect Hope and shortly after Bastion unleashed an army of Sentinels from the future which forced X-Force and Cable to go to this future in order to stop the source: Nimrod. Once Nimrod was stopped, Cable sacrificed his life to make sure the team could come back to the present. After all the members of the Human Council were killed, Bastion tried to kill Hope but he was finally defeated.
In the aftermath of this battle, the death of Nightcrawler had a profound effect on Logan and the news of this X-Force team broke his friendship with Ororo. True to his words, Logan removed Laura from the team and told her it was time for her to find her own mission in life and to be more than just a weapon. Despite Cyclops' orders to disband the team, Wolverine secretly assembled a new X-Force team with Psylocke, Deadpool, Archangel and Fantomex.
The Dark Angel Saga
After the Second Coming event, Cyclops ordered Wolverine to disband his X-Force team, but Logan believed that this team was still necessary, so he formed a new X-Force team with Archangel, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Deadpool.
After the formation of the team, Warren called for X-Force and revealed to Logan that he hired Deadpool (it would later be revealed that Wade worked for Warren for more than a year) in order to investigate the activities of the Clan Akkaba and that Wade discovered that Apocalypse was going to be reborn in a new body. Logan agreed to help Warren and X-Force went after Apocalypse and the Clan Akkaba.
But unknown to the team, the Clan Akkaba resurrected Apocalypse as a child and was indoctrinating him into resuming his old duties. The young Apocalypse was protected by a new group of Horsemen but X-Force was able to defeat them and they discovered that the new Apocalypse was only a child. After this discovery the team decided to not kill him and Logan proposed to bring the boy back, rehabilitate him and train him but Fantomex acting on his own immediately shoot the young Apocalypse in the head which created a rift in the team.
After this event, Angel lost control of his Archangel personality, and went on a killing spree. Trying to remove Apocalypse's influence on him, X-Force traveled to the Age of Apocalypse universe, thanks to Dark Beast, to find the Life Seed, the only thing that could save their friend's life. There, Wolverine met the Jean Grey of that universe, his alternate daughter, and an evil version of himself.
When X-Force returned to their universe, they were attacked by Archangel and the Dark Beast, who took the Life Seed in order to restart evolution. After a heavy battle between the forces of Archangel and X-Force, Psylocke was able to stab Archangel with a different Life Seed, killing his alter ego, and saving Earth from the Age of Archangel.
Spider-Man and Wolverine: Time Travelers
During what seemed to be a routine robbery, Spider-Man and Wolverine were thrown back in time by magical diamonds, to the time of the dinosaurs. While Spider-Man secluded himself, Logan befriended a tribe of early humanoids. His involvement with them allowed them to survive the K-T Extinction Event. When the meteor came, Spidey and Logan found themselves flung into the future, where the extinction of humanity allowed the tribe to dominate the world.
But in the future, the world was menaced by Doom the Living Planet and only one thing could defeat him: Phoenix Gun, a weaponized piece of the Phoenix Force, capable of destroying anything at the price of the life of the one who fired it. Despite Spider-Man's protests, Wolverine used the Phoenix Gun to destroy Doom and as such, he died in the process. However, Spider-Man resurrected him with a Cosmic Cube, much to Logan's dismay, the duo was then assaulted by the pair of Czar and Big Murder, who sent them through time once again with the diamonds.
Logan wound up in a wrestling ring, facing down Peter Parker. He realized that this was before the death of Peter's Uncle Ben. Meanwhile, Spider-Man found himself in a frozen wilderness as a feral Logan was hunted by Dog. They were then transported to Mojoworld; Mojo had been using Czar and Big Murder to arrange the entire list of shenanigans. Wolverine became overcome with an uncontrollable anger; however, he did not enter a berserker rage, but instead became something far worse. The fragment of the Phoenix Force from the Phoenix Gun had stayed within him, and after it manifested, Wolverine became the new Dark Phoenix.
Fortunately, Spider-Man managed to calm him down, and after Logan told the Phoenix Force to go away, the Phoenix Force seemed to leave him, the duo was then sent back to the American Midwest in the time of the cowboys. Peter fell in love with a woman named Sara Bailey, whom had also been transported through time by the diamonds, while Logan became the chief of a Native American tribe. Any diamonds they found appeared to be inert. The Time Variance Authority found them and set the duo and Sara back into their proper point in the timeline with their memories intact except for Sara who didn't retain any memory from this adventure, which left Spider-Man heartbroken.
The Red Right Hand and the Mongrels
After this adventure with Spider-Man, Logan visited John Wraith, who survived Creed’s previous attack, and was now a pastor. After a few weeks, a child was found dead with three claw marks. Wraith found Logan’s body, which had been possessed by a demon while his soul was sent to Hell by the Red Right Hand with the help of Mystique.
In Hell, Logan apparently met Satan and was forced to battle Hand soldiers. Meanwhile, Wolverine’s body was going around killing the people he cared about. At the same time, the Mongrels also destroyed everything dear to Logan in Madripoor, and tried to kill Melita who was saved by Mystique.
After being saved by Mystique, Melita teamed up with Mystique, the Ghost Rider and Daimon Hellstrom in order to get Logan’s soul back. In Hell, Logan was tortured and then forced to battle Sabretooth. On Utopia, “Hellverine” managed to get past the X-Men's defenses and tried to kill Kitty Pryde, but he was stopped by Colossus.
In Hell, Logan fought Satan and on Utopia, the X-Men battled Hellverine. Before Colossus could be killed, Melita, Mystique, the Ghost Rider and Hellstrom captured Hellverine and began the ritual to bring Logan's soul back to his body. In Hell, Logan met Thomas Logan, who claimed to be his real father. After defeating the Devil, creating a riot in Hell, and thanks to the Hellstrom's ritual, Logan managed to escape from Hell. But the demons were still present inside his mind, and it took the help of his own memories, Melita, the X-Men and what appeared to be a vivid memory of Jean as the White Phoenix to burn the demons from his mind once and for all. Logan then planned to get revenge on Mystique and the Red Right Hand for sending him to Hell.
After defeating Mystique and meeting Lord Deathstrike, Maverick managed to find the location of the Red Right Hand's base. Wolverine then invaded the Red Right Hand's base, where he was confronted by the Mongrels. Despite what they did to his friends, he gave each one of them a chance to surrender peacefully but the Mongrels attacked him on sight and tried to kill him. As a result Logan killed most of them, while the others killed themselves and after defeating the leader of the Mongrels, Gunhawk, Logan confronted the members of the Red Right Hand. To his surprise, the members of the Red Right Hand already killed themselves, leaving Wolverine with only a message: the Mongrels were his children, this revelation and the fact that he killed his own children devastated Logan.
Unknown to Logan, Daken worked with the Red Right Hand for years and he helped them with their plans to send Wolverine's soul to Hell but more importantly he was the one who found and gathered all of Logan's children. He then gave them to the Red Right Hand to make sure that Logan would kill them in order to hurt him in the worst way possible.
When the return of Kid Omega set off a new wave of anti-Mutant sentiment, Wolverine and Cyclops steadily grew divided. Wolverine wished to hand Quire over to Captain America, while Cyclops wished to deal with him within the mutant community. When a new Hellfire Club attacked and incapacitated the X-Men at the opening of a Mutant History Museum Oya, whom Wolverine had taken a liking to, was the last one standing. As Logan tried to convince Idie to stay hidden, Cyclops pressured her to act leading to Idie killing a dozen men. Logan was enraged and blamed Cyclops.
After what happened with the Red Right Hand and the Mongrels, all the revelations about his past and the recent incident with Idie, Logan started to disagree with Cyclops about raising and training the teenage mutants as soldiers since it was only going to get them killed and after demolishing a Sentinel that was sent to destroy Utopia, Wolverine and a number of X-Men quit the team and left with a number of the teenage mutants to return to their former home in New York with it clear that Cyclops has clearly crossed the line with his actions.
The Jean Grey School for Higher Learning
In order to start the new Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Logan needed to retrieve all the fortune that he had amassed over the years, unfortunately his money had been stolen. With the help of Gorilla-Man, Master Po, Yuen Yee and Fat Cobra, Logan managed to retrieve his money and was able to open his school. He also let Fat Cobra took his place as the new Black Dragon.
On its first day, the school was assaulted by the new Hellfire Club, whom had been a major force in causing the Schism of the X-Men. Wolverine made it clear that he didn't want to lose any of the kids and fought as hard as he could against several Frankenstein monsters, whom Iceman defeated by making Ice clones of himself. Then, the Hellfire Club sent a spawn of the original Krakoa to destroy the school. Kid Omega who wanted to prove himself to Broo, Idie and Kid Gladiator who told him they never heard of him, reasoned with Krakoa who then joined Wolverine's X-Men.
Wolverine, along the School's staff and students, then confronted the Hellfire Club and he made clear to them to stay away from his school. As the Hellfire Club members were leaving, Krakoa almost attacked them but Logan stopped him as he had a better idea on how to deal with them. The next day Matt Murdock told Kade Kilgore that he was being sued by Wolverine for the sum of 879 million dollars for the damages he had done to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning and if he didn't pay, Wolverine and the School would take control of his company. As the school was being rebuilt, Logan was informed that Krakoa was glad they allowed him to stay and Logan found it good to have a school ground that could fight back.
The school faced several challenges in the following months such as the Frankenstein Monster menace and the Murder Circus , the war between the Avengers and the X-Men that cost the life of Charles Xavier, the return of Dog Logan  and a new rival school funded by Kade Killgore: the Hellfire Academy.
Along the way, Ororo Munroe joined the Jean Grey school as a teacher and began a relationship with Logan. and despite the departure of one of their teachers , the Jean Grey School prevailed  and in the end several of their students graduated by the end of the year and Logan succeeded in reforming Quentin Quire.  Not long after Logan and the X-Men even witnessed the return of Nightcrawler to the land of the living and who joined the school afterwards. 
After the events of the Dark Angel saga, the resurrected Angel and the young Evan were sent to the Jean Grey School and the Nightcrawler from the Age Of Apocalypse universe decided to stay with the X-Force team in order to track the Iceman of his reality who fled to our reality and make him pay for his betrayal. , Wolverine decided to use X-Force to make sure the students at his school stayed safe, but after saving Fantomex from the Captain Britain Corps in the Otherworld,  but at the same time Daken, the Shadow King, Sabretooth, the Skinless Man, Mystique and the Blob from the Age of Apocalypse universe decided to form the new brotherhood of Mutants. Daken and Sabretooth abducted the young Evan while the rest of the Brotherhood hired the White Sky criminal organization to create three clones of Omega Red and to give them fake memories in order to use them against X-Force.
Shortly after Fantomex was captured by Mystique and then tortured and killed by the Skinless Man in front of Evan's eyes and to make sure the X-Force team couldn't stop their plans, the Brotherhood hacked Ultimaton and used him to kill Gateway and then detonated him to kill the X-Force team. Thanks to Psylocke, X-Force managed to survive and went to the future where they met their older counterparts and discovered the truth about the Brotherhood’s plan and what needed to be done.  Back to the present, the team prepared themselves to attack the Brotherhood's stronghold to free Evan while Daken and Sabretooth were still torturing him both mentally and physically in order to have him unleashed the power of Apocalypse.
After coming back from the future, the team faced the Brotherhood but they were betrayed by Nightcrawler and Fantomex was killed. The X-Force team managed to stop the rest of the Brotherhood and to punish him for his betrayal, Nightcrawler was fatally wounded by EVA. Wolverine managed to escape and knew that he had to kill Daken after what his older self revealed to him when he was in the future: "He'll kill the students if you let him live". To protect his students, Logan decided to kill Daken by drowning him in a puddle of water.
After killing his son, Sabretooth appeared and revealed that all of what happened was his plan all along that he wanted to hurt Logan in the worst way possible, an angry Evan almost killed Sabretooth as a result but Logan told him to let him go, revenge would only lead him to a path of destruction just like what happened here. Shortly after E.V.A managed to create three clones of Fantomex thanks to White Sky technology, but after those events the team was disbanded.
Later on after the war between the Avengers and the X-Men, Logan joined the Avengers Unity Division  and dealt with the consequences of X-Force’s actions, most notably with the children of Archangel: Apocalypse Twins who resurrected Daken as one of their horseman in order to torment Logan.  But in the end the Avengers prevailed and the Twins were stopped once and for all. 
Shortly after, during a S.H.I.E.L.D. rescue mission, Wolverine was infected with a Microverse virus that shut down his healing factor. Losing his healing factor proved to be a shock to Logan but Nick Fury Jr. warned him that the sentient virus from the Microverse that removed his healing factor was still present and was spreading all over the world. 
With the help of The Host, Logan and the SHIELD were able to stop the spreading of this virus and eradicated it  but unfortunately Logan was left without his healing factor. After dealing with Sabretooth and the Hand , Logan tried to find a way to reactivate it, so he went to see the smartest people of the Marvel Universe such as Mister Fantastic. But nothing could be done and at the same time Logan learned that there was a bounty on his head. 
Logan travelled to Madripoor  and to Japan  to learn more and discovered that a new Weapon X project had been created. Logan headed to Nevada to put an end to it and discovered that Abraham Cornelius was alive and was trying to recreate the original Weapon X experiment. The problem was that all of his subjects couldn’t survived the adamantium bonding process since they didn’t have any healing factor that’s why he put a bounty on Logan’s head in order to capture him and used his healing factor. But after discovering that Logan didn’t have any healing factor anymore, Cornelius ordered his latest experiment Sharp, to get rid of him but Logan defeated him. Cornelius then activated his machines on the test subjects, seeing no other way Logan unleashed his claws and save them by slashing the batch of liquid adamantium before it was injected into them but the metal covered his entire body in the process.
Before the adamantium hardened, Logan went after Cornelius and killed him before falling on his knees in front of the sunset, looking back on his life and dying from suffocation.  The X-Men were able to retrieve Logan’s adamantium casing and Kitty phased him out of it, he was then buried in Canada in a secret location. 
Months following Logan's death, his body was found by Persephone, the mysterious mutant leader of the criminal organization Soteira. who resurrected him as one of her undead killer. With the reanimated corpse of Logan under her control, Persephone used it to carry out assassinations and other type of dirty jobs all over the world,
But somehow, Logan’s healing factor kicked back and he came back to life, breaking free from Persephone's control and killing several Soteira soldiers in the process. Now in control of his body, but without any memories and with his claws burning hot for unknown reasons, Logan to track a Soteira kill team led by Zagreus. 
After a while Logan finally arrived on Persephone’s island and was tricked into fighting against the X-Men  but soon after Persephone told him the truth about who were the X-Men. She then told him to follow her brother Zagreus to their space station where he could meet her and learned the truth about how he came back to life. 
Once on Persephone's space station, Logan discovered that Soteira had gathered a small group of gifted people and that she intended to kill everyone else on Earth in order to resurrect them as drones under her control to help build the perfect society. She also revealed to Logan that she was the one who resurrected him as one of her undead soldiers and he killed for her all around the world, but that somehow his healing factor brought him back to life. Logan then decided to put an end to her plan, he destroyed her space station and after facing Zagreus one more time he finally regained his memories.
Now back to the land of the livings, Logan decided to head back to the X-Mansion but on the way he was summoned by the Fantastic Four to help them against the Endlings and the Griever at the End of All Things.  Once done Logan was sent back to earth  and met with an older version of himself  before finally arriving at the mansion and meeting Loki 
House of X
Not long after, the Professor Xavier returned and decided to use Krakoa in order to establish a new sovereign Mutant nation state. Wolverine along several mutants was living here, he was first seen playing with kids and being happy.
Shortly after, Professor Xavier sent Sabretooth, Mystique and Toad to steal data from Damage Control but Sabretooth was apprehended by the Fantastic Four while Mystique and Toad got away. With this new data, Xavier and Magneto learned the existence of the Orchis Forge (a space station located near the sun), where the humans created a new Mother Mold and were about to activate it, but more importantly, Xavier and Magneto believed it will be here that Nimrod would become operational. Professor Xavier and Magneto then tasked Cyclops with assembling a team to destroy the Mother Mold and preventing the creation of Nimrod.
Cyclops' team consisted of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Husk, Penance, Marvel Girl, Archangel and Mystique but despite the effect of surprise, the X-Men's Shi'ar Scout ship was destroyed by Captain Mendel's kamikaze attack just after they arrived on the Orchis Forge which killed Husk and Archangel.
Despite the loss of their teammates and the physical injuries they suffered from this attack, the X-Men decided to finish the mission no matter what. Their goal was to activate 4 levers in order to send the Mother Mold, the key in the development of Nimrod, into the sun.
Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Cyclops were able to activate 3 levers but Mystique failed to activate the last one and was ejected into the vacuum of space by Doctor Gregor and the Omega Sentinel. To make the X-Men paid for the death of her husband (Captain Mendel) and despite the Omega Sentinel's protest, Doctor Gregor activated Mother Mold early.
With only 30 seconds left before it went online and knowing there was no other way to stop it, Kurt and Logan sacrificed their lives by teleporting directly in space near the sun where the Mother Mold was located. Nightcrawler died instantly because of the heat, but Wolverine survived long enough to destroy the last beam holding the Mother Mold which sent both of them directly into the sun.
This victory for mutant kind came at a cost as the rest of the team was also killed during this attack leaving Xavier and the rest of the X-Men on Krakoa heartbroken.
- There's a part of me as wild an' fierce as my namesake. I'm a hard man... given to hard ways... when I fight, it's to win. That isn't pretty, an' it sure isn't nice. But bein' a man... that means choosin' to grow an' change an' put aside the old ways.
Wolverine is a gruff loner who had a strong sense of personal honor. He also had a wild, animal-like nature to him and a savage, or "berserker," rage which he tried to control. He is also perfectly at home in the wilderness. He is known as one of the most fearless, brave, and dangerous men in the world, stated by Steve Rogers. Wolverine had established himself quickly as the X-Man most willing to permanently deal with their adversaries. He developed close friendships with his teammates Nightcrawler, whose personality diametrically opposed Wolverine's, and Colossus, who often performed the "fastball special" with him. He was something of a father figure to Natasha Romanoff, Shadowcat, Rogue, X-23, and Jubilee. He loved many women, including Rose, Itsu, Viper, Silver Fox, Phoenix, and Mariko. There are only a few people that Wolverine truly trusted, which are Captain America (Steve Rogers), Nick Fury, Jean Grey, and Spider-Man (Peter Parker).
Logan's love interests include, but are not limited to Atsuko, Mariko Yashida, Silverfox, Itsu, Rose, Jean Grey-Summers (Phoenix), Ororo Munroe (Storm), Felicia Hardy (Black Cat), Elektra Natchios, Rogue, Native, Seraph, Yukio, Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl), Alison Blaire (Dazzler), Gahck, Jessán Hoan (Tyger Tiger), Melita Garner, Jean Grey (Earth-295), Neena Thurman (Domino) and even X-Men foe Raven Darkholme (Mystique). However, Itsu Akihiro and Viper were the only women he ever actually married.
Religion and Faith
It was revealed in his team-up with Marvel Boy that due to the effects of Weapon XVI that causes faith reserves to act as The World's immune system, Logan had faith in God. After everything was resolved, he hitched a ride from a truck. He asked the trucker to let him out near a church, implying his religious awakening.
|Power Grid |
Enhanced Mutant Physiology: Wolverine is a mutant who had been given an Adamantium skeleton by the Weapon X Program. Nick Fury's intel classified him as Power Level 9, while the O*N*E classified him as a Severe Threat.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine’s body naturally regenerates most (if not all) damaged or destroyed tissue and organs at a rate which exceeds that of any normal human. The rate of regeneration is proportional to the damage caused. This process is automatic and Wolverine seems to have no control over it. His healing factor, however, does not seem to stop Wolverine from feeling the pain of his wounds nor the pain of his body regenerating itself.
- Contaminant Immunity: Wolverine's natural healing also affords him virtual immunity to poisons, viruses, diseases, and most drugs. For example, it is extremely difficult for him to become intoxicated from alcohol. It can be accomplish with extraordinary amounts of alcohol, and even then the entire cycle of intoxication and hangover can be completed in mere minutes. Wolverine's healing factor has cured him of the mystical curse of lycanthropy after he had been bitten and turned into a werewolf, and from vampirism; though it should be noted that the time it took to cure the werewolf curse was longer than the time it took to cure him of vampirism, when he was infected with vampirism he had also been infected with nanites to temporarily deactivate his healing factor and use him as a 'booby-trap' on the vampires.
- Fatigue Resistance: Wolverine is partially resistant to fatigue poisons produced from physical activity.
- Decelerated Aging: In addition, Wolverine's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process; Wolverine was born sometime during the late 19th Century.} Although well over 100 years of age, Wolverine retains the health, appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.
- Telepathic Resistance: Wolverine has stated he is resistant to telepathic probing to Emma Frost, the first from level 9 psi-shields implanted by Professor Charles Xavier  and later his healing factor creating “mental scar tissue” blocking it.
The speed at which he heals has fluctuated considerably in recent years. After first losing his Adamantium, Wolverine's healing factor recovered and increased to a level far above his previous norm. However, it was significantly reduced after his last encounter with Lazaer, the Angel of Death. Its current effectiveness (after losing the healing factor, dying, and being resurrected with it intact) has not yet been compared to past values.
- Retractable Bone Claws: Wolverine's skeleton includes six retractable foot-long bone claws, three in each arm, that are housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms. Wolverine could, at will, release these slightly curved claws through his skin between the knuckles on each hand. Even before they were infused with Adamantium they could penetrate most flesh and many natural materials. After augmentation, his bones became indestructible and his claws are capable of piercing any material (relative to its thickness and the force Wolverine can exert).  The Adamantium bonding process which affected his bones effectively transformed them into a new alloy called "Adamantium-Beta" which, combined with his healing factor, prevents his Adamantium skeleton from interfering with his bone marrows production of blood cells. Wolverine can unsheathe any number of his claws at once, although he needs to keep his wrists straight at the moment his claws pass from his forearms into his hands. When unsheathed, the claws are entirely within his forearms, allowing him to bend his wrists when they are extended. 
- Hot Claws: A new facet of his Adamantium tipped claws upon his resurrection is to cause them to heat up several thousand degrees in seconds. A trait which is seemingly tied to Wolverine's berserker rage, how hot they can get remains a mystery but they can reach high enough temperatures to cause gasoline to ignite on contact with it.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Wolverine’s super-human senses are a combination of a separate mutant ability and his Healing Factor since his sense organs atrophy at a much slower rate than normal humans. His most improved senses are sight, hearing and smell. Due to these enhanced senses, Wolverine has claimed he can function in complete darkness as though it were daylight.
- Hearing: Wolverine is capable of hearing sounds from a far greater distance than any human, and is said to be slightly less developed than Daredevil.
- Sight: Wolverine sight is improved, allowing him to see further than a normal human.
- Smell: Wolverine’s sense of smell is even more magnified and allows him to recognize and track objects and people just by smell alone. Daredevil once posited that Wolverine's sense of smell is more developed than his.
- Taste: Wolverine can distinguish individual ingredients in food or drink he consumes at a smaller part per volume than a normal person.
- Touch: Wolverine's sense of touch gives him greater sensitivity to air direction and temperature differentials in his environment. He is able to sense Cyclops's incoming power beam based on the shift in air pressure that precedes its arrival.
- Superhuman Strength: Wolverine’s reinforced skeleton allowing him to withstand high levels of physical pressure. His strength is also boosted to enhanced levels, allowing him to briefly lift over 800 lbs.
- Peak Human Speed: Wolverine has the speed of a trained athlete. 
- Superhuman Stamina: Wolverine's healing factor grants him superhuman stamina and is partially immune to fatigue toxins generated by physical exertion and thus has greater endurance than actual humans. His stamina has been described as metahuman, indicating the ability to continually exert himself for several days at peak efficiency.
- Superhuman Durability: Wolverine has superhuman durability due a combination of his healing factor and Adamantium skeleton. 
- Enhanced Reflexes and Agility:Wolverine's reflexes and agility are enhanced beyond the capabilities of the normal human body. On several occasions, he was able to dodge Cyclops' optic blasts with ease, although this is partly due to his enhanced senses.
- Skilled Tracker: Due to his superhuman sense, Wolverine is considered to be one of the world’s most skilled trackers.
- Above Normal Intelligence: Wolverine has an above normal level of intelligence.
- Master Martial Artist: Wolverine has mastered virtually every form of hand to hand combat on Earth.  Due to his age and experience, Wolverine has taught many heroes some form for fighting, these include: the Black Widow, Rogue, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Primal, Sunspot, Armor, Jubilee, Rachel Summers, Phoebe Cuckoo, and Shadowcat in hand to hand combat.
- Weapons Expert: Wolverine is a trained expert with many guns, blades, explosives and other weaponry due to his experiences as a solider, samurai, spy and mercenary. 
- Computer and Vehicles Expert: Wolverine is trained in the use of several computer systems and vehicle repair as well as being an accomplished pilot.
- Expert Assassin: Wolverine has knowledge of several assassination techniques. 
- Multilingual: A polyglot; Wolverine is fluent in many languages including English, Japanese, Russian, Mandarin Cheyenne, Lakota, Spanish ; he had some knowledge of French, German, Thai, Vietnamese and Farsi
As a result of Wolverine's constant cellular regeneration and the additional weight and tensile strength of his skeleton, he has some degree of superhuman strength, enabling him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs.
- Memory Issues: Likely due to his healing factor, Wolverine has experienced large periods of life without memories of certain traumatic events
- Sensory Overload: One of Wolverine's weaknesses is the fact that his heightened senses could be taken advantage of. For instance, when Wolverine was fighting the Hulk (Bruce Banner), he was nearly killed by the Hulk's thunderclaps due to his heightened sense of hearing.
- Adamantium Allotropes: The Adamantium has thirteen different allotropes (variants) that are very unstable compared to Adamantium because of their different molecular configurations and thus physical properties. For example, Adamantium nine caused Wolverine to become dizzy and weak just by being in close contact with it.
- Hot Claws: The new addition to his abilities comes with the drawback of weakening his healing factor the longer he has them active, having gone full tilt berserker during a skirmish with the X-Men leaving him drained as they absorb energy from his Healing Factor in order to work.
- Drowning: Of the few ways to kill Wolverine, given drowning cuts the brain's oxygen supply. He has admitted that being kept underwater can kill him, with the healing factor only prolonging the agony. Wolverine added that he is not fond of being on water, as the addition of nearly 100 pounds of Adamantium to his body reduced his buoyancy.
Usually Logan wore a standard X-Men uniform or street clothes. His gloves often had grooves in the forearm so they did not tear when he unsheathed his claws.
Adamantium: Not part of Wolverine's natural mutant attributes, Wolverine's entire skeleton, including his bone claws, were laced with the rare, artificial, and virtually indestructible metal alloy known as Adamantium - or True Adamantium. As a result, Wolverine's bones is virtually unbreakable. The presence of the Adamantium has further enhanced the already razor-sharp edge of Wolverine's bone claws. Aside from being practically indestructible, the claws are capable of cutting through any solid material, with the known exception of Proto-Adamantium (Captain America's Shield). However, Wolverine's ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon the thickness of the substance and the amount of force he can exert. The Adamantium also weighted his blows, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of his punches and kicks. His claws is able to damage Class 100+ durability foes such as the Thing. His Adamantium claws has been shown to easily penetrate Thanos's chest.
- Adamantium Beta: Adamantium Beta is a metal that can bond to the human skeleton. The properties of Adamantium Beta is capable of bonding directly into the structure of skeletal material while not inhibiting the living nature of the bone. The only known occurrence of Adamantium Beta was during the Weapon X Project when it was experimented on Wolverine. During the second part of the procedure, they laced his bones with Adamantium, and there was a reaction with his healing factor that bonded the metal with his skeleton. As a result from Dr. Jaime Munoz's research, the Adamantium itself can regrow just as Wolverine's natural bones can.
Throughout his life, Wolverine has used a variety of bladed weapons, most frequently daggers and, at times, swords; as a samurai, he was especially skilled with the katana. He has also wielded many different types of firearms throughout his careers as a soldier, a mercenary, and a spy. While he was highly skilled with firearms and because of his perfect eyesight it is very difficult for him miss when firing a gun, he has stated on multiple occasions that he isn't fond of them and prefers to use bladed weapons, despite this, Wolverine used guns frequently after he lost his healing factor.
- While Wolverine has slain many henchmen, and even a few of his own super powered rogues, he has only ever killed two superheroes: Northstar and the Hornet. Both killing happened while being brainwashed by The Hand.
- In the 90s, the comics era which saw the peak of Wolverine's popularity, Marvel had the character guest-star in so many books, that from mid-1990 to mid-1993 (for 33 consecutive months), there was not a single month in which at least one non-X-Men-related book featured Logan.
- Wolverine's record number of appearances in a single month is twenty-four, which ocurred in January 2009.
Creation and Development
- Editor Roy Thomas conceived the idea of Wolverine; the name, size, attitude and nationality of the character, thinking it was a good idea due to the abundance of Canadian comic readers.
- Logan's main traits, those of solitude, fierceness and stumpy physique are directly inspired by those of wolverines.
- When proposing Wolverine's creation to Len Wein, Thomas gave him the requirements that "(1) He was Canadian, and announced as such right away. (2) He was short, because a wolverine is a small animal. (3) He had a quick temper, because wolverines are known for being fierce and taking on beasts far bigger than they are."
- Even though Marvel officially credits only Roy Thomas, Len Wein and John Romita as Wolverine's co-creators, Roy Thomas stated he considered Herb Trimpe to be one as well since he penciled the issue Wolverine first appeared in. Trimple himself didn't consider himself deserving of it.
- Wolverine was drastically different when Len Wein first introduced him. Wein envisioned the character as being young, in his early twenties as much; his claws were originally part of his gloves rather than his own body.
- One of the initial plans by David Cockrum and Chris Claremont when they took over X-Men was to reveal Logan was an an actual wolverine evolved into a humanoid by the High Evolutionary. According to Cockrum himself, Stan Lee nixed the idea.
- Wolverine was ranked as 4th on IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Heroes in 2011.
- Wolverine was also ranked as 5th in "The Top 50 Avengers."
- In 1996's DC vs. Marvel, Wolverine defeated Lobo, who was able to overpower Superman.
- During the earliest stages of Wolverine's creation, Roy Thomas debated whether to call him that or "the Badger." He eventually opted for "Wolverine" since the other name had connotations that included pestering, bothering being annoying.
- Chris Claremont intended for Apocalypse to be behind the original adamantium injection in Logan's body. When Barry Windsor-Smith explored Wolverine's past as Weapon X, for no reason other than courtesy towards Claremont, he introduced the idea of Professor Truett Hudson taking orders from an unrevealed higher-up, with the intention of allowing Claremont to reveal said superior was Apocalypse.
- Wolverine made a cameo appearance in the pages of DC's JLA #1 (January, 1997). In the scene, Wolverine and Doctor Doom are executed by a super-villain team known as the Hyperclan. The scene was written by Grant Morrison.
- Wolverine carries a medical card stating that he is a war veteran who has a metal plate in the head, to help him bypass metal detectors in airports.
- Logan's blood is type O, Rhesus negative.
- Wolverine told Jean Grey that he once survived for six months under a glacier by eating strips of his own arm (with the healing factor re-growing it back).
- Wolverine was once captured by S.H.I.E.L.D and imprisoned in "The Cage." His prisoner number was 412075.
- Wolverine and Spider-Man became blood brothers during a time travel adventure.
- Being the Weapon X of the Program Weapon Plus, Wolverine considered himself as a Sentinel.
- Nick Fury stated that in a perfect world, Wolverine would be a level ten S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
- Deadpool has claimed to have hacked Wolverine's Tumblr account.
- Logan might suffer of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- In Alpha Flight Vol 2 #1 (August, 1997), when part of Department H, Wolverine was given a codename based on the Greek alphabet as Weapon X or "Chi." The letter "X" in the Greek alphabet is called "chi" and is written exactly like the "X" (ex) of the English alphabet. The use of the Greek Alphabet makes sense for Department H-related codenames. The Department has connections to teams named after letters of the Greek alphabet: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega.
- According to Vindicator, it is not Wolverine's powers or fighting skills that make him dangerous, but his mind.
- In the 2007 Transformers movie, Wolverine is explicitly referenced by Glen Whitmann (Anthony Anderson). Observing scratch marks left by AX9-8946-09SU-1, Sergeant Epps (Tyrese Gibson) compares them to Freddy Krueger. Whitman reminds him Krueger had four blades, whereas Wolverine has three, which served better for the comparison.
- For April Fools' Day 2016, Library and Archives Canada posted a fake article announcing the acquisition of the declassified journals and military records of Wolverine. The article was accompanied by scans of an attestation paper under his name.
- Once a year Wolverine ventures into the woods on Native American land to remind himself that he is more of a man than an animal after a Native man helped to remind him of that fact during a period when he was more feral, in part by imparting the 'wise tale' of the 'two dogs' "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most." During one of these yearly excursions he met Maya Lopez who was on a vision quest and told the story to her and how he felt it related to him, the man who told Wolverine the story heard it from Maya's father a few weeks before her father died.
- 3,114 Appearances of James Howlett (Earth-616)
- 289 Minor Appearances of James Howlett (Earth-616)
- Media James Howlett (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3,783 Images featuring James Howlett (Earth-616)
- 437 Quotations by or about James Howlett (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: James Howlett (Earth-616)
- James Howlett (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
- uncannyxmen.net Spotlight On... Wolverine
- Marvel Directory
- OHOTMU Master Edition #4
- OHOTMU Wolverine 2004
- Religion and Faith
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Origin #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 X-Men #103
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Incredible Hulk #180
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Alpha Flight Vol 2 #1
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #9
- ↑ Astonishing X-Men Vol 2 #1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #4
- ↑ Untold Tales of Spider-Man #-1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Uncanny X-Men #353
- ↑ Wolverine: The Best There Is #7
- ↑ Wolverine: Weapon X #6
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #16
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #236
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #49
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Spider-Man Versus Wolverine #1
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #6
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #5
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Marvel Comics Presents #72
- ↑ X-Men Vol 2 #74
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Wolverine Vol 5 #13
- ↑ New X-Men #129
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #34
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up Vol 3 #14
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #352
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #50
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #106
- ↑ Wolverine: Bloody Choices #1
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Uncanny X-Men #268
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Wolverine: The Amazing Immortal Man & Other Bloody Tales #1
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #45
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Wolverine and the X-Men #20
- ↑ Wolverine and the X-Men Vol 2 #8
- ↑ Avengers / Invaders #9
- ↑ Punisher Vol 6 #16
- ↑ X-Men Declassified #1
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 36.4 36.5 36.6 36.7 Wolverine Vol 4 #14
- ↑ Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #4
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents Vol 3 #5
- ↑ Carnage, U.S.A. #2
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 40.2 Web of Venom: Ve'Nam #1
- ↑ 41.00 41.01 41.02 41.03 41.04 41.05 41.06 41.07 41.08 41.09 41.10 41.11 41.12 41.13 41.14 41.15 41.16 41.17 41.18 41.19 41.20 41.21 41.22 41.23 41.24 41.25 41.26 41.27 41.28 41.29 Wolverine: Weapon X Files #1
- ↑ Civil War Battle Damage Report #1
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 Origin #2
- ↑ Origin #6
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #4
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 Origin II #3
- ↑ Origin II #5
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #55
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins Annual #1
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #53
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #125
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #10
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 53.2 Wolverine: Origins #5
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #113
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 55.2 Wolverine: Origins #17
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #62
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #3
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #78
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #9
- ↑ Blade Vol 5 #5
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 61.2 61.3 Wolverine Vol 3 #40
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #41
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #26
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #27
- ↑ 65.0 65.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #63
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 Wolverine: Origins #6
- ↑ 67.0 67.1 Wolverine: Origins #7
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #8
- ↑ 69.0 69.1 X-Men Vol 2 #7
- ↑ Before the Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm and Logan #1
- ↑ Logan: Shadow Society #1
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #73
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 73.2 Marvel Comics Presents #73-74
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #75
- ↑ Weapon X Vol 2 #24
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #84
- ↑ 77.0 77.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #166
- ↑ Alpha Flight #33
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #181
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #182
- ↑ Giant-Size X-Men #1
- ↑ X-Men #94
- ↑ Classic X-Men #1
- ↑ X-Men #118
- ↑ Wolverine #4
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #175
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #176
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #181
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #184
- ↑ 90.0 90.1 Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #5
- ↑ Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1
- ↑ Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #2
- ↑ Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #3
- ↑ 94.0 94.1 Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #4
- ↑ Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #6
- ↑ Alpha Flight #16
- ↑ Alpha Flight #17
- ↑ Alpha Flight #34
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #205
- ↑ 100.0 100.1 100.2 Uncanny X-Men #211
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #212
- ↑ 102.0 102.1 102.2 Uncanny X-Men Annual #1987
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #1
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #2
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #3
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #4
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #5
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #6-7
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #8-10
- ↑ 110.0 110.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #4
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #5
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #6
- ↑ 113.0 113.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #7
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #8
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #251
- ↑ 116.0 116.1 Uncanny X-Men #252
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #258
- ↑ X-Men Vol 2 #4
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #55
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #56
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #57
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #60
- ↑ 123.0 123.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #175
- ↑ Psylocke #4
- ↑ 125.0 125.1 Wolverine Vol 2 #176
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #61
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #62
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #64
- ↑ Sabretooth #1
- ↑ X-Men Vol 2 #25
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #75
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #76
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #77
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #79
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #88
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #90
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #91
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #100
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #111
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #371
- ↑ 141.0 141.1 141.2 141.3 Wolverine Vol 2 #145
- ↑ Astonishing X-Men Vol 2 #3
- ↑ 143.0 143.1 X-Men Vol 2 #95
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #146
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #162
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #168
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #173
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #174
- ↑ X-Men #137
- ↑ 150.0 150.1 150.2 New X-Men #148
- ↑ New X-Men #130
- ↑ New X-Men #133
- ↑ 153.0 153.1 New X-Men #145
- ↑ Weapon X Vol 2 #23-25
- ↑ New X-Men #150
- ↑ X-23: Target X #6
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #450
- ↑ 158.0 158.1 Uncanny X-Men #451
- ↑ 159.0 159.1 New X-Men Vol 2 #20
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #455
- ↑ New X-Men Vol 2 #21
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #20
- ↑ 163.0 163.1 Wolverine Vol 3 #21
- ↑ 164.0 164.1 164.2 Wolverine Vol 3 #23
- ↑ 165.0 165.1 165.2 Wolverine Vol 3 #24
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #30
- ↑ New Avengers #6
- ↑ House of M #8
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #10
- ↑ Original Sin (2008)
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #36
- ↑ 172.0 172.1 Wolverine: Origins #48
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #313
- ↑ X-Force Vol 3 #1
- ↑ X-Force Vol 3 #17
- ↑ X-Force Vol 3 #20
- ↑ 177.0 177.1 X-Men: Second Coming #2
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #5
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #1
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #3
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #4
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #8
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #10
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #11
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #14
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #18
- ↑ Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1
- ↑ Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #2
- ↑ Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #3
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #1
- ↑ 191.0 191.1 Wolverine Vol 4 #5
- ↑ 192.0 192.1 Wolverine Vol 4 #4
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #2
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #3
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #8
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #9
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #11
- ↑ 198.0 198.1 X-Men: Schism #1
- ↑ X-Men: Schism #3
- ↑ 200.0 200.1 X-Men: Schism #4
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #17
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 4 #17-19
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #304
- ↑ Wolverine & the X-Men #1
- ↑ Wolverine & the X-Men #2
- ↑ Wolverine & the X-Men #3
- ↑ Wolverine and the X-Men #21
- ↑ Wolverine and the X-Men #25
- ↑ Wolverine and the X-Men #24
- ↑ Battle of the Atom
- ↑ Wolverine and the X-Men #35
- ↑ Wolverine and the X-Men #42
- ↑ Amazing X-Men Vol 2 #6
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #19
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #24
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #25
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #26
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #27
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #28
- ↑ 220.0 220.1 220.2 Uncanny X-Force #35
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #30
- ↑ 222.0 222.1 Uncanny X-Force #34
- ↑ Uncanny Avengers #3
- ↑ Uncanny Avengers #9
- ↑ Uncanny Avengers #22
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 5 #6
- ↑ 227.0 227.1 Wolverine Vol 5 #7
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 6 #12
- ↑ Death of Wolverine #1
- ↑ Death of Wolverine #2
- ↑ Death of Wolverine #3
- ↑ Death of Wolverine #4
- ↑ 233.0 233.1 Hunt for Wolverine #1
- ↑ Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends #1
- ↑ 235.0 235.1 Return of Wolverine #1
- ↑ Return of Wolverine #3
- ↑ 237.0 237.1 Return of Wolverine #4
- ↑ Return of Wolverine #5
- ↑ Fantastic Four Vol 6 #2
- ↑ Fantastic Four Vol 6 #4
- ↑ Dead Man Logan #6
- ↑ Wolverine: Infinity Watch #1
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 #11
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 #20
- ↑ House of X #1
- ↑ Powers of X #2
- ↑ House of X #3
- ↑ House of X #4
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #159
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #165
- ↑ Wolverine Soultaker #2
- ↑ Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine #1
- ↑ 253.0 253.1 Secret War: From the Files of Nick Fury #1
- ↑ X-Men: The 198 Files #1
- ↑ 255.0 255.1 255.2 255.3 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #12
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #64
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #105
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! #2
- ↑ Wolverine: First Class #11
- ↑ X-Men Vol 3 #5
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #46
- ↑ X-Men: Original Sin #1
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #92
- ↑ Excalibur #100
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #61
- ↑ 266.0 266.1 266.2 266.3 266.4 266.5 Wolverine Vol 2 #80
- ↑ Wolverine: Infinity Watch #4
- ↑ 268.0 268.1 Hulkverines #3
- ↑ Return of Wolverine #2
- ↑ Infinity War #2
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #172
- ↑ 272.0 272.1 272.2 272.3 272.4 272.5 272.6 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #4
- ↑ Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #5-6
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 2 #5
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 2 #6
- ↑ Venom #10
- ↑ Mighty Avengers #7
- ↑ New Avengers #35
- ↑ Mighty Avengers #8
- ↑ New Avengers #36
- ↑ Fear Itself #7
- ↑ Black Widow: Deadly Origin #1
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #223
- ↑ 284.0 284.1 284.2 X-Men: Gold Vol 2 #24
- ↑ Nightcrawler Vol 4 #9
- ↑ X-Men #122
- ↑ Generation Hope #4
- ↑ Generation Hope #6
- ↑ Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 #13
- ↑ Girl Comics Vol 2 #3
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Warsong #1
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #32
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #340
- ↑ X-Men Vol 2 #191
- ↑ Uncanny X-Force #33
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #20
- ↑ Wolverine: Weapon X #5
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #4
- ↑ 299.0 299.1 All-New Wolverine #27
- ↑ Wolverine: The Best There Is #4
- ↑ Fantastic Four #374
- ↑ Infinity Gauntlet #4
- ↑ 303.0 303.1 Astonishing X-Men Vol 2 #2
- ↑ 304.0 304.1 Wolverine Vol 6 #1
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 6 #3
- ↑ X-Men Vol 2 #96
- ↑ Wolverine: Origins #35
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #26
- ↑ Cronin, Brian (1 September 2017). The Great Wolverine Guest Star Streak of 1990-1993. CBR.com. Retrieved on 2 September 2017.
- ↑ Cronin, Brian (8 September 2017). What Month Did Wolverine Appear In the Most Marvel Comics?. CBR.com. Retrieved on 8 September 2017.
- ↑ 311.0 311.1 Back Issue! 04. TwoMorrow Publishing (June 2004). Retrieved on 2 September 2017.
- ↑ 312.0 312.1 312.2 312.3 Cimino, John (9 February 2018). Weapon X-plained: Wolverine Co-Creator Reveals the Truth Behind His Origin. Retrieved on 11 February 2018.
- ↑ Cronin, Brian (20 October 2005). Comic Book Legends Revealed #21. CBR.com. Retrieved on 2 September 2017.
- ↑ IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Heroes. IGN.com. Retrieved on 21 February 2019.
- ↑ Wolverine as the 5th top Avenger at IGN's official site
- ↑ Marvel Versus DC #3
- ↑ Cronin, Brian (26 July 2013). Comic Book Legends Revealed #429. Comic Book Resources. Retrieved on 28 July 2016.
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #158
- ↑ 319.0 319.1 Secret War #2
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men Vol 2 #19
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #164
- ↑ Deadpool Kills Deadpool #1
- ↑ Psych Ward - Wolverine Marvel.com
- ↑ Alpha Flight Vol 2 #8
- ↑ Library and Archives Canada’s major acquisition of the declassified journals and military records of Canadian supersoldier James "Logan" Howlett. Library and Archives Canada (1 April 2016). Retrieved on 7 April 2018.
- ↑ Daredevil Vol 2 #54-55
- ↑ Wolverine: Weapon X Files #1
- ↑ OHOTMU X-Men 2004
|Like this? Let us know!|