The past history of the Wasp of Earth-9997 matches that of her Earth-616 counterpart. The Wasp was a member of the final line-up of the Avengers. This group of Avengers tried to stop the Absorbing Man when he had absorbed the intellect of Ultron and attacked Washington, D.C.
The Avengers proved no match for the now super-intelligent Absorbing Man, and Wasp was killed in the fight. Her legacy lived on in the form of an Iron Avenger, a robot built by Tony Stark based on the Avengers who were killed during the battle against Creel. The Wasp robot was destroyed when the Skull invaded New York. However, King Britian had the Iron Avengers mass produced into a giant robot army which defended the world in need.
While all who died on Earth-9997 ended up in the Realm of the Dead, the Wasp's soul had not been seen since her death, and was not among the heroes who were recruited by Mar-Vell in his battle against Death. After Mar-Vell destroyed Death and created Paradise, Wasp was one of the many super-beings that first came to this new afterlife.
Her fate following the invasion of Paradise by the Kree remains unrevealed.
Flight via Bio-Synthetic Wings
- 17 Appearances of Janet Van Dyne (Earth-9997)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Janet Van Dyne (Earth-9997)
- Media Janet Van Dyne (Earth-9997) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Janet Van Dyne (Earth-9997)
- Quotations by or about Janet Van Dyne (Earth-9997)
- Character Gallery: Janet Van Dyne (Earth-9997)
- Earth X #0
- Earth X #3
- Earth X #5
- Earth X #7 (Realm of the Dead)
- Earth X #12
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|