Janos Quested is a mutant born with the ability to create tornadoes. In 1962 he was a member of the Hellfire Club, serving as one of Sebastian Shaw's enforcers alongside Azazel, helping to instigate the Cuban Missile Crisis. Following Shaw's death, Quested and the other remaining Hellfire Club members, chose to join Magneto as a founding member of the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Powers and Abilities
Aerokinesis: Riptide is capable of creating and manipulating powerful winds of various sizes through spinning his hand.
- Cyclone Spinning: He is also capable of using the wind to spin at tremendous speeds.
His own powers, Submarine
- Riptide is portrayed by Álex González in X-Men: First Class.
- He is never referred on the film by his real name, Janos Quested. The name is given in the credits, however.
- He makes a little cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine as prisoner of Col. William Stryker.
- He's never mentioned in X-Men: Day of Future Past