At some point, presumably when Alpha Flight attack Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Jean is infected with the zombie contagion, as she is seen flying in to prevent the escape to the Baxter Building of Magneto and his small band of survivors.
Powers and Abilities
- Jean Grey-Summers is one of the most powerful mutants who ever lived. She has great control over her incredibly powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities. After the Phoenix Force became one with its true heart and soul in the human form of Jean Grey, whose mind serves as a nexus point for all realities, Phoenix was able to tap into the vast powers from the sum of all life (the Phoenix Force); hence, her own powers were augmented to an unimaginable level and she became capable of controlling and wielding the incredible powers of the Phoenix Force. She can create and control flames at will (Cosmic Pyrokinesis), as well as control matter, energy, and thoughts completely. She also can resurrect herself after death.
- Telepathy: She can manipulate the minds of others and even higher order animals within a vast, potentially limitless radius.
- Telekinesis::telekinetic abilities enable her to levitate herself or other objects, propel or manipulate them however she wishes, stimulate individual molecules to create heat, and generate concussive force or protective shields.
- Phoenix excels in astral combat.
- Phoenix possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- During the second fight against the survivors and their supporting zombies, Phoenix said that the only reason why she hasn’t been eaten and only turned was because her power was too great. Actually, Spider-Man and Power Man weren’t able to hurt her with their Power Cosmic, but it may be an incoherence: she was already zombiefied in New York fourty years ago, and she wasn’t possessed by the Phoenix Force. Furthermore, this is unknown why and how she quit Earth to go to space, to join the Zombie Galacti.
- This is possible that Firelord was in the same situation (or at least because his body was uneatable).