- —Doctor Voodoo[src]
- 1 History
- 1.1 Early Life
- 1.2 Brother Voodoo
- 1.3 Spider-Man & Dracula
- 1.4 Werewolf by Night & The Thing
- 1.5 Damballah's Wangal & Moon Knight
- 1.6 Zombies vs. Vampires & Losing Loralee
- 1.7 Daredevil & Lilith Drake
- 1.8 Blade & Heroes for Hire
- 1.9 Black Panther & Gambit
- 1.10 Secret Invasion
- 1.11 Deadpool & Wendigo Invasion
- 1.12 Sorcerer Supreme & Divas
- 1.13 Avenger of the Supernatural & Zombieverse
- 1.14 Doomwar & Death
- 1.15 Chaos War & Resurrection
- 1.16 Avengers Unity Division
- 1.17 Empyre
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Paraphernalia
- 4 Notes
- 5 See Also
- 6 Links and References
Jericho returned to his native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti after twelve years of education and practice in the United States. His brother Daniel Drumm had become the local Houngan, but was dying from the spell of a rival bokor who claimed he served the evil serpent god Damballah. Before he died, Daniel made his brother vow to visit Papa Jambo, who had instructed Daniel in the arts of a Houngan.
After only a few weeks Jericho had reached a proficiency in voodoo even greater than his brother's. To further increase his power, Papa Jambo performed a rite that summoned Daniel Drumm's spirit back from the dead and joined it with Jericho's own. With his successor being found and ready to take his place, Papa Jambo died. Calling himself Brother Voodoo, Jericho defeated the cult and has proven himself the supreme Houngan of Haiti. He learned that it was not the true Damballah responsible for his brother's death, but a spawn of the Elder God Set.
Loralee Tate was kidnapped by the Cult of the Dark Lord to be used as a sacrifice in order to rejuvenate the cult leader's mother, Mama Limbo. She was rescued by Brother Voodoo. Afterwards, her father, a high ranking police officer, forbade her to have any further contact with Brother Voodoo, fearing that he was becoming a bad influence on her.
Spider-Man & Dracula
Werewolf by Night & The Thing
Jericho later helped the Werewolf by Night deal with Doctor Glitternight. He used a spell that allowed his brother Daniel's spirit to control the actions of the werewolf. They battled hordes of zombies, so they could enter the Black Egg, which was the source of Glitternight's power. Daniel was sent into the egg and helped his brother in battle by working together to defeat Glitternight. After the battle his brother returned to his spirit form.
As a result of the disappearance of several members of the black community, Voodoo teamed up with the Thing of the Fantastic Four. The mystery led them to Uganda where they had to fight Voodoo priest, W'Sulli, who was using a vampire to do his bidding and was also working with Kinji Obatu. Together, they took down both of the criminals and freed the prisoners.
Damballah's Wangal & Moon Knight
Brother Voodoo eventually succumbed to the lure of power that Damballah's wangal represented. Upon Jericho wearing it, the god Damballah took over Daniel's soul, burned down the mansion, and apparently slew Bambu. He traveled to New York City in order to attempt to take over the mind and body of Earth's Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange, who eventually freed Brother Voodoo of Damballah's influence and re-confined the evil god to the wangal.
Moon Knight came to Haiti and they teamed up to take down Grand Bois who was raising a zombie army. Drumm was later attacked by Doctor Friday and turned into a mindless zombie. Moon Knight was able to free his mind and together they took down the Haitian crime lord.
Zombies vs. Vampires & Losing Loralee
After Marie Laveau used the Vampiric Verses, Brother Voodoo was forced to summon a zombie army to assist Doctor Strange, Clea,Rintrah, and Morbius. Although they were able to defeat the vampires, the zombies then had to be destroyed so they could be at peace.
Drumm was desperate to get Loralee Tate back and tried to use magic to make her fall in love with him. Realizing this was a lie, the two then ended their relationship.
Without, Lorelee, Jericho needed to regain his focus and wrote a book, "Do You Voodoo, I Do!" and went on a book tour with "Sister Voodoo" an actress he hired to play his new super-hero partner, alongside her "son" Voodoo Chile.
Daredevil & Lilith Drake
Brother Voodoo sensed that the Scarecrow was making zombies. John Blaze and Ghost Rider were angered that the Scarecrow had taken the body of Barbara Ketch. Working along with Lilith, they battled him. However, blood from the respective packs of animals Lilith summoned and the crows from the Scarecrow made Lilith go crazy again. She left the group, but Scarecrow was eventually stopped by Drumm and the others.
Blade & Heroes for Hire
Deacon Frost teamed up with Marie Laveau to take over mafia crime in New Orleans as a staging area for greater conquests. Deacon captured Blade, Hannibal King, and Brother Voodoo to establish his rep among the undead in a power grab. The heroes freed themselves from the trap and Blade battled Deacon Frost to a stalemate. Deacon escaped, and Blade vowed to hunt him down.
Black Panther & Gambit
Jericho developed a sense of protectiveness about New Orleans, eagerly identifying himself as its local superhero. Jericho cautiously observed the plots involving the mystic Inficio Aquilus, the first tarot card deck, and later helped the X-Man Gambit against a zombie army raised by Antoinelle Arceneaux.
Brother Voodoo became involved with the supernatural "Howling Commandos" operation of the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D., and registered with the government in accordance with the Superhuman Registration Act.
At some point, he was replaced by a Skrull. While Black Panther was fighting Erik Killmonger, the Skrull Brother Voodoo revealed himself when he attempted to kill Cannibal, whom he deemed to be a threat. However, the two killed each other in the struggle and the discovery of "Brother Voodoo's" true form revealed the Skrull invasion to the Black Panther, allowing him time to prepare.
Deadpool & Wendigo Invasion
Sorcerer Supreme & Divas
Agamotto appeared to Jericho through his Eye. The Eye left Strange after magically showing him and the New Avengers nearly thirty-candidates who would possibly replace Strange, reaching Voodoo. Because he possessed the Eye, along with Strange's former garb, Drumm became the new Sorcerer Supreme of Earth-616. The possession of the Eye indicated that Jericho possesses a pure heart and a clean soul. Drumm appeared in New Orleans to intervene in the desperate battle between Dormammu and The Hood against Doctor Strange with the New Avengers.
Avenger of the Supernatural & Zombieverse
Doomwar & Death
When Agamotto was cast out of the Vishanti and had most of his powers stripped from him, he attacked the New Avengers in order to reclaim the Eye of Agamotto from Doctor Voodoo as it was the only artifact that could defeat him. Jericho used the Eye to defeat Agamotto, but the Eye was destroyed and his life was lost in the process.
Chaos War & Resurrection
When the Scarlet Witch was affected by an inversion spell which altered her moral axis, she set out to murder Doctor Doom for the manipulations she was victim of. In order to stop her, Doctor Doom made a Faustian pact with a demigod to resurrect Doctor Voodoo, as he and his brother Daniel were the only ones capable of possessing Wanda, in order to make her "cooperate" in the conjuration of a reinversion spell.
Avengers Unity Division
As the Unity Division became increasingly fractured during the second Superhero Civil War and the threat of the Terrigenesis cloud, Drumm was shocked to learn that his brother had chosen to side with the Hand, seeking his own resurrection even at the cost of becoming their pawn, while going so far as to offer them the corpse of the recently-deceased Bruce Banner to become their agent of destruction. Voodoo was able to escape his brother and warn the Unity Division of this threat, but while they failed to stop the Hulk's resurrection, Drumm was able to create a spell that allowed him to enter the Hulk's mind once his teammates had worn him down. The Hand's mystical forces appeared to Drumm in astral form while in Banner's mind and offered to restore his brother to him if he would let them keep Banner, but Drumm declared that he would choose his 'brother' in the form of his friend Bruce, informing the Hand that Daniel had made his choice, purging the Hulk of the Hand's influence and allowing Banner to die again.
Powers and Abilities
Voodoo Magic: Doctor Voodoo is a master of Voodoo Magic. As a Houngan, he uses it as a form of order or white magic. The books of Vishanti had him listed as the greatest practitioner of Voodoo "White Magic". He has been stated as one of the most powerful mystic practitioners on the planet.
Spells and Phrases: Doctor Voodoo has a vast knowledge of mystical spells and incantations invoking names and aspects of various extra-dimensional objects and beings of power. Through these incantations, the magi are able to call upon these extra-dimensional power sources for very specific effects without taxing the personal abilities.
- Animal Manipulation: As a magic user, Jericho can command and control animal's behaviour at his will. He has proven to be able to command snakes and crocodiles to attack his targets. He has also controlled lizard and two dogs.
- Astral Projection and Possession: Drumm is able to project his astral from even when unconscious. He can possess many kind of living beings and can still use his powers from a being that he has possessed by using his own magic.
- Binding: As a Sorcerer, Doctor Voodoo has displayed the power to bind, immobilize, and stop his targets from moving. By using this power, he has shown to be capable to form a mystical strand around Sabretooth and create magical chains to restrain and disable Mephisto.
- Biological Manipulation: His sorcery allows him to manipulate the aspects of a living creature's biological function. He was able to remove Frank Castle's mouth and heal several people from injuries. He was even able to use body substitution spell.
- Elemental Control: Jericho can manipulate and control elemental forces at his will.
- Aerokinesis: Jericho is able to manipulate and generate the air. He has used a wind spell to reflect things that were thrown at him.
- Chlorokinesis: Jericho is able to manipulate and control plants and vegetation. He has used a tree to impale a vampire.
- Pyrokinesis: Jericho is able to create and control fire. He has increased the flame from a lighter to incinerate some zombies and has travelled from one location to another by using fire. He also can become immune to fire and his skin become impervious to burning.
- Energy Resistance: He is resistant and able to withstand various forms of energy attacks to a degree.
- Force Field: Drumm's magic is capable to create and form barrier and shields in order to prevent him and his allies from getting any harm or to contain and imprison his targets, as he did against a horde of zombies.
- Flight: Jericho can use the Cloak of Levitation to fly at a constant speed.
- Holographic Projection: His powers can be used to create magical projection of an image.
- Intangibility: Drumm can move and phase through solid matter or object such as a wall.
- Magical Awareness: He has proven to be able to sense magic and anything that effects him and his surroundings.
- Magic Manipulation: Jericho can manipulate magical entities.
- Mystical Invulnerability: Doctor Voodoo has resistance against magical force or magical attacks.
- Necromancy: Doctor Voodoo has demonstrated the power to manipulate and contact spirits and the dead, and he is very skilled in this term. He has raised many skeletons and summoned the spirits of the dead to do his bidding. He also has displayed the ability to manipulate zombies, heard the voices of the dead and communicated with them, and detected the presence of undead near him.
- Scrying: He can cast a spell that is used to view events that is still happening large distance away.
- Sealing: His magic allows him to seal and lock away living beings or objects within another objects or creatures. He once uses the Barrier Crows of Legba to seal off Dormammu's entire Dark Dimension which trapped him there.
- Smoke Manipulation: Doctor Voodoo is able to create a form of smoke or vapors that conceal his location by casting illusion. This smoke is accompanied by the sound of voodoo drums. The constant beat of the drums can disorient or unnerve an opponent. He can see through the smoke he forms, and possibly through other smoke created by magical means. He has proven to be capable to transport or travel via smoke.
- Soul Manipulation: One of many powers he often uses is the power to manipulate and control soul. He can track people by using their souls and can create a barrier around someone in order to prevent their soul from entering their body. He also has shown to be able to transfer soul back to their body and has sent Deadpool's spirit to an astral plane with a gesture. And not only that, he was even capable of performing a ritual so that he and his brother's soul can be merged, and capable of exorcising and banishing demons that were possessing some corpses.
- Speaker to the Gods or Loa: Jericho can speak to the Loas. He has summoned the Lord of War and Fire to destroy a bunch of crows attacking him. He also has called upon the Spirit of War and Blood to try and frighten someone and has proven to be able to call upon elemental air spirits to enable Scarlet Witch to breath, who previously was suffocating in space, while he is on earth.
- Spectral Sight: Drumm has demonstrated the ability to see things beyond what normal human can. For an instance, he has seen through the disguises of demons that he stated were master illusionists.
- Telekinesis: Jericho Drumm seems to have the ability to manipulate, move, or stop objects from moving.
- Telepathy: Jericho is able to manipulate, control, and dominate the mind of others by using his magic. He can hypnotize someone as he pleases like he did to Voyager and can put anyone to sleep or unconscious. He also has demonstrated the ability to mentally torture a group of people and immobilized other people telepathically.
- Teleportation: Jericho can use the Evanodor Compatriot Boost Spell to transport him to other dimension. He has teleported away Dr. Strange and Daimon Hellstrom from New Orleans to New York. He also can bring several people within him and can travel from one place to another by using flame.
- Time Manipulation: Since his magic is powerful enough to control and manipulate time itself, he was able to put Wonder Man in stasis to prevent his energy form from disintegrating. Voodoo was also able to stop time that causes everyone and everything to be immobilized.
- Transmutation: Jericho can transform one thing into another for many purposes. For example, he has changed his clothes instantly.
- Expert Combatant: Jericho has been trained in physical and hand to hand combat.
- Magical Knowledge: By getting trained from Doctor Strange and studying from the various mystical books, texts, and tomes, Voodoo has shown capable of a far greater range of magical spells and abilities.
- Meditation: Jericho gained meditative skills great enough to the point that he can survive having his throat slit by slowing his bodily function to a near stop.
- Multilingualism: Jericho is fluent in both English and French along with his native French Créole.
- Psychologist: Jericho gained a degree in psychology in the United States of America.
As a mystic, Drumm has been limited to the disciplines of voodoo magic, not the wider world of magic.
- Jar of Demon Blood: Jericho Drumm can cast spell a "Wandering Door Spell" which will create a portal that places him and anyone with him to the exact location where he and others need to be by spreading the blood around a door and use it to write a symbol on it. However, it's the last jar of that demon's blood on Earth.
- Medallion: Brother Voodoo utilizes a medallion to assist him in harnessing the "Loa." and also employs a host of voodoo paraphernalia such as voodoo dolls.
- Pym Particles: Pym Particles contained in a vial that was given to Voodoo by Hank Pym himself. He has utilized it to shrink himself.
- Sorcerer Supreme Attributes: As Sorcerer Supreme he had access to the Eye of Agamotto, which can project mystical light for a variety of effects, fly, give its user certain mystical perceptions into another's soul, open dimensional portals, and cast a hypnotic gaze, as well as the Cloak of Levitation, allowing him to fly at 25 miles an hour for indeterminate lengths. Additionally pieces of Strange's former costume, such as his enchanted sash capable of extending in length, plus the Orb of Agamotto, and books of knowledge, such as the Book of the Vishanti, were all at Brother Voodoo's disposal to help him train for his future quests. Drumm also had the right to claim the Wand of Watoomb, according to Doctor Strange, but at the time it was lost in another reality.
- Staff of Legba: A magical item as well as his main weapon. Jericho can channel his magic through it so that it can boost and enhance Jericho's spells and magic.
- Strangling Bones of Brother Lafell: a magical staff that can be used to strangle any object or person the user wants it to.
- The Monkey's Paw: A magical artifact that can be used to grant wishes but it can't work trans-dimensionally. And it will twist the wishes of whoever uses it.
- Wanga Powder: A poisonous powder that Drumm can carry to help him defeat his enemies easier.
Flight through the Cloak of Levitation, teleportation.
- Interestingly, Jericho Drumm was shown in the Marvel Tarot as "The Hanged Man."
- 244 appearance(s) of Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- 14 minor appearance(s) of Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- 25 mention(s) of Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- 155 image(s) of Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- 13 quotation(s) by or about Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- 8 item(s) used/owned by Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)