In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Appearing in 1st story
- Heroes for Hire
- Spider-Woman (Jess Drew)
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Dani Jones-Cage
- Daily Bugle (Named only) (Imagination)
- Hydra (Named only) (Imagination)
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (Poster in imagination)
- Parker Industries (Named only) (Imagination)
- Numerous rioters (Imagination)
- Brian Michael Bendis (Drawing in imagination)
- Genie (Topical reference)
- Aladdin (Topical reference)
- Fantastic Four (Named only) (Imagination)
- Stark Industries (Named only) (Imagination)
- Dazzler (Alison Blaire) (Named only) (Imagination)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Sun (Mentioned)
- Spider-Man's Suit and Web-Shooters (Poster in imagination)
- Iron Fist's Suit
- Spider-Woman's Suit
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Quinjet (Imagination)
Synopsis for 1st story
Jessica considers Killgrave’s offer to bend the world in the direction of goodness, but hesitates. He realizes she is thinking that that would make her just as corrupt as he is. In Madripoor, Luke senses her confrontation with Killgrave isn’t going well, and despite Iron Fist’s assurances, he demands to be taken back to NYC.
In New York, Jessica and Killgrave have a long conversation about the morality of forcing people to be good. Killgrave says everyone’s morality is only superficial; Jessica says the only thing she wants from him is for her to leave her alone forever. Killgrave apologizes for his previous treatment of her. She still demands that he go, and even implies the best thing he could do is kill himself. He assents to this unspoken demand, and turns to leave.
Suddenly Captain Marvel blasts into the room and grabs him by the throat. He forces her to let him go, and walks out of the building. As they watch from the window above, Killgrave collapses in the street, apparently willing himself to die. Carol says she will throw his dead body into the sun to prevent any resurrections.
Luke Cage returns to find Jessica safe with Dani and she tells him everything that happened. Jessica and Luke are both proud that she confronted her demon face on.
THE RETURN OF THE PURPLE MAN PART 5
• The Purple Man has Luke Cage…
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Jessica Jones Vol 1 17 on the forums
- Images from Jessica Jones Vol 1 17
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|