Later, Cheever did a series of on-air discussions regarding the notoriety of the X-Men and the growing issue of mutant rights. The first was an interview with Senator Robert Kelly, who was lobbying for a Mutant Affairs Control Act despite being saved by the X-Men from an assassination attempt. Cheever followed this by hosting a debate on American television between Professor Xavier and Reverend Stryker shortly before Stryker's followers attempted a mass murder of mutants.
When last seen, Cheever was again working for the BBC, reporting on a rampage by a giant dragon in Tokyo which was also foiled by the X-Men, during which he again cited Senator Kelly's attempts to pass anti-mutant legislation through Congress.
- John Cheever was named after John Cheever (May 1912 - June 1982), an American novelist and writer of short stories.
- 5 Appearances of John Cheever (Earth-616)
- 3 Minor Appearances of John Cheever (Earth-616)
- Media John Cheever (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring John Cheever (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about John Cheever (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: John Cheever (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|