John Verpoorten is a comic artist who is best known for his work as an inker. He attended New York's School of Visual Arts, and began his career at the Tom Gill Studio for four years.
Verpoorten started working for Marvel Comics as an inker in 1967. He contributed to a wide variety of titles and became one of Jack Kirby's final Marvel inkers. When Kirby returned to Marvel in the mid 1970s he continued to ink his work for the 'Eternals' series and two 'Captain America' annuals. As a penciller he contributed to titles like 'Chili' and 'Not Brand Echh'.
Verpoorten became Marvel's production manager in 1970 and was responsible for coordinating the work of writers, artists, letterers and printers. In this occupation, he was also present in several uncredited fill-in stories. In 1975, Verpoorten also helped produce Big Apple Comix, an independent comic book published by Flo Steinberg.
John Verpoorten died at the age of 37 in 1977 due to a heart attack and perforated ulcer.
- Comics where "John Verpoorten" created the cover
- Comics that "John Verpoorten" penciled
- Comics that "John Verpoorten" inked
- Comics that "John Verpoorten" lettered
- Subjects created by "John Verpoorten"
Images Attributed to John Verpoorten (Earth-1218)
- Penciler images created under the name: "John Verpoorten"
- Inker images created under the name: "John Verpoorten"
- Cover artist images created under the name: "John Verpoorten"
- Colourist images created under the name: "John Verpoorten"
- No special notes
- No trivia
Links and References