Joseph Rogers was the father of the original Captain America, Steve Rogers. He was born and raised in Ireland, and it was there he met and married Sarah Rogers. During World War I, Joseph served in the 1st Battalion, 26th Infantry and took a bullet during the push for Soissons in France.
Joseph and Sarah emigrated to the United States of America and settled on the Lower East Side of Manhattan in New York City. It was there that his wife gave birth to their son, Steve, on July 4, 1920. Overtime, Joseph lost his job and could not find any work. He turned to drinking, becoming an alcoholic, and began abusing both Steve and Sarah. He lated died, due to influenza, in 1926.
Powers and Abilities
- Captain America: The Legend stated Joseph Rogers died when Steve was in his mid-teens. However, Captain America (Vol. 7) #2 indicated that Joseph Rogers had died by 1926 (when Steve would have been around six years old).
- 5 appearance(s) of Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- 12 mention(s) of Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- 2 image(s) of Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)