Appearing in "The Return of Zarrko the Tomorrow Man"
- Jane Foster (Only in flashback)
- United States Of America
- The 23th Century Earth of Zarrko
- Well of Centuries
Synopsis for "The Return of Zarrko the Tomorrow Man"
An angry Thor stomps through the city, unintentionally damaging everything around him. He is upset by Odin's decision not to let him wed the mortal Jane Foster. Some ants see the rampage and relate the information to Dr. Henry Pym. Switching to Giant-Man, he alerts Iron Man of the danger. Then Pym, as Giant-Man, with his partner the Wasp, sets out to stop Thor. Iron Man joins them. But it quickly becomes apparent that they will not be able to stop Thor. So rather than fight him, they pull back.
From Asgard, Odin and Loki watch the Thunder God, and Odin decides Thor must be punished for his temper. He reduces Thor's strength in half.
Meanwhile, Thor crosses the Rainbow Bridge, seeking an audience with his father Odin. Heimdall, the guardian of the bridge, drives Thor back. He realizes then that his powers have been reduced, and turns back towards earth.
Loki watches, and gloats that this may finally be time he can defeat Thor. Using the Well of Centuries, Loki looks ahead in time to the 23rd century and finds the villain Zarrko, and restores his memory. Taking an indestructible Mining Robot, Zarrko returns to the 20th century. The Tomorrow Man orders the Robot to begin a rampage designed to attract Thor.
Dr. Blake hears about the Robot on the news, and transforms into Thor. He battles the Robot, but because of his reduced powers is unable to defeat it. Zarrko threatens to destroy Earth unless Thor agrees to become his slave in the 23rd century. To save Earth, Thor agrees.
From Asgard, Odin is thunderstruck as he watches Thor's surrender. Loki silently gloats that he has defeated his brother, as they watch the Tomorrow Man fade back into the future, taking Thor with him.
Appearing in "Tales of Asgard: The Invasion of Asgard"
- Thor as a boy
- Norn Hag (First appearance)
- Ulfrin the Dragon (First appearance)
- Rime Giants (First appearance)
- Last of the Ice Giants
- Skoll (First appearance) and Hati (First appearance) the Wolf Gods
- Rock Trolls
- Geirrodur (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Tales of Asgard: The Invasion of Asgard"
Hearing of a threat to Asgard, the boy Thor ask the guardian of the Rainbow Bridge, Heimdall, if he can help guard the Bridge. When Heimdall sends him away, Loki sees an opportunity to destroy Thor. He leads Thor to a hole in rocks which defend Asgard, which Loki himself actually made. There a force of evil enemies attacks Thor. He battles gallantly, but is about to be transformed into a tree, when Odin arrives with his army and drives back the villains.
Thor's bravery gets him one step closer to being able to lift and claim Odin's Enchanted Hammer.
Appearing in "The Enemies"
Synopsis for "The Enemies"
- Zarrko appeared last in Journey into Mystery #86.
- This is the first issue of Thor to acknowledge Thor has joined the Avengers.
- references: Journey into Mystery #100 and Journey into Mystery #86
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Journey into Mystery Vol 1 101 on the forums
- 6 Images from Journey into Mystery Vol 1 101
- 11 Reprints of Journey into Mystery Vol 1 101
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|