- But, I leave you with this thought... it is not the one with the greatest power which is important!! It is the one who uses his power wisely... in the cause of justice!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "The Mighty Thor Battles the Incredible Hulk!"
- Thor (Main story and flashback)
- Avengers (Only in flashback)
- Odin (Only in flashback)
- Numerous unnamed New Yorkers
- Numerous unnamed Asgardians (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Asgardians (Main story and flashback)
- Atlantean-Human Hybrids (Only in flashback)
- Demons (Mentioned)
- Gods (Mentioned)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Asgard (Only in flashback)
- Mjolnir (Main story and flashback)
- Iron Man Armor MK III (Only in flashback)
- Wasp's Suit and Bio-Synthetic Wings (Only in flashback)
- Giant-Man's Suit (Only in flashback)
- Uru (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- World War II (Referenced)
Synopsis for "The Mighty Thor Battles the Incredible Hulk!"
While flying through the city, Thor happens upon two groups of children arguing over the who is the stronger between Thor and Hulk. Interested in the debate, Thor lands to see what all the commotion is about, and the children ask him if he knows who is the stronger of the two.
Thor recounts for them his last encounter with Hulk. However, he goes into a part of the story that was not previously recorded.
In Thor's recounting of the events, he and Hulk are separated from the Avengers and Sub-Mariner during their battle. Realizing Hulk's strength, Thor asks Odin to lift the enchantment that forces Thor to change to Donald Blake after being kept from his hammer for sixty seconds, so he can pit his strength against Hulk.
Odin grants Thor's wish, giving him five minutes free of the enchantment. However, Thor's hammer is now vulnerable to damage, and can be picked up by anybody. Hulk to attempts to destroy the hammer, keeping Thor on the defensive during the battle.
During their combat, the integrity of the cavern is compromised, and the cave-in covers Hulk with tons of rock. Soon, the five minutes Odin granted Thor expire. Thor smashes through the rubble to continue the fight, but discovers the Hulk has escaped.
Thor attempts to follow Hulk, but cannot pick up the trail. The test to see who is the strongest is inconclusive. Thor rejoins his comrades and battle Namor, until Hulk arrives again.
Thor stops his story, and explains that he has no proof that he is stronger than Hulk; therefore, he won't make such a claim, and flies off. Elsewhere, Hulk turns his thoughts to Thor as well, wondering when next they'll clash.
Appearing in "Tales of Asgard: The Coming of Loki!"
- Numerous unnamed Asgardians
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Tales of Asgard: The Coming of Loki!"
Odin and his army battle the warriors of Jotunheim, where he kills their leader Laufey and adopts Laufey's son Loki as one of his own, following their victory in battle.
- Chronologically the story told by Thor takes place during Avengers #3.
- credits for Story 1:
- A Stan Lee - Jack Kirby Marvel Masterwork!
- Inking by Chic Stone
- Lettering by S. Rosen
- credits for Story 2:
- Majestically Written by: Stan Lee
- Magnificently Drawn by: Jack Kirby
- Masterfully Inked by: Vince Colletta
- Magnanimously Lettered by: Artie Simek
- references: Avengers #3
|Like this? Let us know!|