Origins and early years
Kāne is the leader of the Akua, a superhumanly powerful race worshiped as gods by the people of the Pacific islands. He was presumably manifested, along with other deities, by the Demiurge in response to early man's subconscious need for gods.Kāne was born to Papatuanuku, an aspect of the Earth-mother Gaea, and Rangi, the primordial embodiment of the sky. The two were locked in such a close embrace that their children lived in total darkness. Rejecting his bloodthirsty brother Kū's suggestion of killing their parents, Kāne instead used his great strength to push his parents apart, bringing light into the world and taking the place of his father as Skyfather of the Akua.
Presumably the certain superhuman physical attributes of conventional Akua, including immortality, immunity to disease, superhuman strength, regeneration etc.
Carries a sacred axe with the power to rattle the earth and cut through dimensional barriers.
- 3 Appearances of Kāne (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Kāne (Earth-616)
- Media Kāne (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Kāne (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Kāne (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Kāne (Earth-616)
- Kāne at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #4; Pele's entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Akua's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3; Council of Godheads' entry
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Council of Godheads' entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #4; Pele's entry
- ↑ Thor #300
|Like this? Let us know!|