Kaidan is part of the Saurid race and much like Homo sapiens they have Mutants within their society. Kaidan is part of the Hauk'ka, acting as telepath for his team. Kaidan resides in the Savage Land with the rest of his people. 
Kaidan captured the X-Man Marvel Girl by surprise and manipulated her into thinking she was born and bred Hauk'ka. They then captured the remaining X-Men and imprisoned them in their well-organized citadel. They formulated a plan to use Storm to manipulate the weather and cause global hyper-storms to wipe out the human race, afterward claiming Earth for themselves. 
They managed to initiate these storms using Marvel Girl's power to amplify and sustain Storm, to critical levels. It took the alliance of the X-Men, Savage Land Mutates and even the regretful Hauk'ka to reverse the global effects of Storm's hyper-storms. They now appear to be on neutral terms with the human race. 
Powers and Abilities
Telepathy: can read minds and project his thoughts into other minds within a vast, radius.
- Telepathic Cloak: Can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around her as well.
- Psychic Shadow: ability to mask himself and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself.
- Mind Control: ability to control the minds of others upon mere concentration.
- Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that beings body as his own.
- Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will, changing their personality partially or entirely.
- Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds.
- Telepathic Illusions: ability to create illusions to make herself seem to be invisible, look like someone else, or make others experience events that are not truly happening.
- Mental Paralysis: ability to induce temporary mental or physical paralysis.
- Mental Amnesia: Can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
- Psionic Blasts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead.
- Mental Detection: can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.