After losing control of his sub-personalities, Legion met a mysterious "Eyeball Guy" in the mountains of China. "Eyeball Guy" was able to trick Legion into believing the twins were being held captive. While attempting to save the twin, Legion was himself captured. The twins were tasked with torturing Legion, but he was able to convince them that they don't need to live in the shadow of father figure, and in the same process convinced himself. While the trio left the Iris House, they were ambushed by the X-Men, who believed Legion was going hurt the twins.
The twins refused to go with the X-Men, and aided Legion in fighting off the X-Men by subduing some of his sub-personalities. Eventually, the trio was cornered in a the bunker filled with ammunition. Chamber blasted the bunker, which exploded. Luckily, Legion was able to utilize the Origamist's powers to change reality and bend space. The children were saved, but Legion was gone. The children were again offered to come with X-Men, and Sojobo coerced Karasu into accepting the offer. Unfortunately, unknown to everyone, had been attacked and possessed by the "Eyeball Guy" while in the ammo bunker.
The twins were brought to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, but Karasu still worried about her brother acting strangely. Legion secretly followed them to Westchester. While trying to investigate Blindfold's comatose state, Legion was attacked by Karasu under "Sojobo"'s order. With the information from Blindfold's mind and a note delivered by Karasu, Legion discovered that the "Eyeball Guy" was in fact Luca Aldine, Blindfold's brother, who had manipulated Legion and others to get close enough to Blindfold to murder her.
Karasu didn't believe that her brother was dead and attempted to shield Luca thinking that he was her brother when David was close to killing him. However, David was so angry and considered killing her to end Luca, but one of David's sub-personas was able to take control and slapped her and knocked her out. After Luca was defeated and the truth was revealed Karasu told David that she hated him and wished that he would die.
Karasu remained at the Jean Grey School. When Blindfold asked some of the teachers and students for help to save David, Karasu refused and told Ruth that she is a fool and crazy to try to save him. However, she later did rescue David because hating him was all she had left and she liked the idea of him owning her his life.
Later, Karasu was asked by former Invader Aarkus to aid him in deceiving David. Aarkus tricked Legion into thinking that he had control over the cosmic being the Phoenix's Shadow, a weaker sibling of the Phoenix Force that he could control. Karasu used her telepathy to trick David into seeing the Phoenix's Shadow, which resembled a purple-colored Phoenix. The purpose of the deception was for Aarkus to show Legion his shortcomings after Karasu tore into his mind. David eventually merged with his personalities, creating a unique entity called "Gestalt", and beat back the Phoenix's Shadow before learning of the deception.
- Astral Projection: The twins are able to project an avian form mental attack.
- Telepathy: Karasu can "peck" thoughts from other minds, sometimes before they even think them.
- Flight: She showcased some ability of self aviation during the final battle with The Fiend.
- Her eyeballs are in the shape of yin and yang, with the white color replaced with red & black, most likely symbolizing they way she holds her brother's hand and completes his sentences.
- Legion described the twins' powers as the "Carrion's brother".
- "Karasu" literally translates as crow, raven, or blackbird which is ironic seeing that her astral projection is white bird.
- 13 Appearances of Karasu-Tengu (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Karasu-Tengu (Earth-616)
- Media Karasu-Tengu (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 13 Images featuring Karasu-Tengu (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Karasu-Tengu (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Karasu-Tengu (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|