Kirby was Amadeus Cho's coyote pup. He picked him up along the side of the road, near a roadside diner where he met the Hulk for the first time. The coyote's mother had been hit and killed by a car, but the pup had remained with her body. Amadeus Cho not failing to see the similarity, took him in. Amadeus Cho has since trained him to distract opponents and perform simple search operations.
It was revealed that Kirby was abducted immediately following World War Hulk by Skrulls posing as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents after they knocked out Amadeus with gas; Kirby was then replaced with a Skrull agent. The Skrull infiltrator was able to destroy the ship by driving it off course after disguising himself as Amadeus Cho. He is slain by Amadeus Cho's ally, Atum, who sees him transform back to Kirby and bites his head off.
Using a tracking system he had implanted in the pup beforehand, Amadeus managed to track Kirby down, finding him in the Mojave desert. Once there, he discovered that the now full-grown Kirby had adapted to the wild, even gaining a mate. Amadeus decided to leave Kirby there, reasoning that his life had become too dangerous for him.
- Named as part of a fan contest, by Martín "MaGnUs" Pérez.
- Kerberos is a reference to the network authentication protocol of the same name, and the Greek name for the mythological multi-headed hound Cerberus. His shortened name, Kirby, is reference to Jack Kirby.
- 16 appearance(s) of Kerberos (Earth-616)
- 2 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Kerberos (Earth-616)
- 4 minor appearance(s) of Kerberos (Earth-616)
- 2 mention(s) of Kerberos (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Kerberos (Earth-616)
- 3 image(s) of Kerberos (Earth-616)