James Madrox's mutant ability was apparent at birth when a duplicate was created upon his being slapped by the doctor. Professor Charles Xavier gave him a special suit to wear that would neutralize his mutant power, but before this could be explained to him, a freak tornado killed his parents when he was 15.
At 21, malfunctioning control elements in the suit caused a power surge that released his inhibited power and caused the suit to begin absorbing ambient electrical energy. Confused, frightened, and driven mad by isolation, Madrox felt himself drawn to New York City. There, he clashed with the Fantastic Four until Xavier arrived to defuse the situation. With the help of Xavier and Reed Richards, Madrox's suit was repaired and he accompanied Xavier back to his mansion in Westchester County.
- 2 Appearances of Kinetic Dampening Suit
- Minor Appearances of Kinetic Dampening Suit
- 1 Media Kinetic Dampening Suit was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Kinetic Dampening Suit
- Item Gallery: Kinetic Dampening Suit