In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Appearing in "Born Against"
- Sarah Dewey (First appearance)
- Unnamed junkie (Only appearance; dies)
- Numerous unnamed New Yorkers
- Joe Carrol (First appearance)
- Ali (First appearance)
- Battlin' Jack Murdock (Poster)
- James "Cricket" Colter (First appearance; poster)
- Studs Terkel (Mentioned)
- Governor of New York (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Gavin Boyce (First appearance)
- Matt Murdock
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Richard Fisk (Mentioned)
- Oscar de la Renta (Mentioned)
- Pizzolo (Mentioned)
- Horatio Alger (Mentioned)
- William (Mentioned)
- Daniel (Mentioned)
- Ben Franklin (Photo)
- Andrew Jackson (Photo)
- Wilson Fisk's parents (Mentioned)
- Eli the pizza guy (Named only)
- Gina (Sarah Dewey's friend) (Named only)
- Gloria H. (Sarah Dewey's friend) (Named only)
- Kali (Sarah Dewey's friend) (Named only)
- Nani (Sarah Dewey's friend) (Named only)
- David (First appearance; behind the scenes)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- New York
- New York City
- Interstate 95
- Westchester County
- Wilson Fisk's Estate
- California (Mentioned)
- New York
- Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "Born Against"
In Kohler’s Gym, a reporter Sarah Dewey is watching a boxing match with some locals; the man she thought would win the fight gets beaten and they say she must not have gotten her Pulitzer for sports reporting. The Kingpin’s agent Wesley approaches her and strongarms her into meeting with Kingpin. At his mansion, the Kingpin is practicing his martial arts and afterwards tells her he’d like her to write his biography. Aware of his reputation, she refuses but agrees to come to a dinner function the next evening.
He sends a dress to her apartment that evening, which she finds inappropriate but wears to the function, where Kingpin introduces her to the governor. She grows irritated when he exchanges insults with others without introducing her, and bumps into Matt Murdock, District Attorney. Their conversation takes a sharp turn when he learns she is there as Fisk’s guest, and they part tensely. Another patron also chides her for being chummy with Fisk, but she protests she’s only there to get to know him. She leaves in anger but later that night, Fisk visits her in person to apologize and they go to a donut shop together. He admits he has committed crimes but says he has served his time, and writing this book will help put that life behind him.
He walks her back to her apartment, chatting sympathetically about her recent divorce. They are accosted by a man with a knife; Fisk gives him money and his watch, which seems to surprise and impress Sarah. They agree to speak again the next day. That night she contemplates a check her gave her, and because her own phone has been deactivated, uses a pay phone to call her ex-husband to discuss her new job. There she realizes that the man who accosted them in the park has died via a drug overdose, and the watch her stole from Fisk is no longer on his wrist.
WILSON FISK BUILDS A BRAND-NEW EMPIRE!
The KINGPIN has done bad things. Deplorable things. He has cheated the law. He has blackmailed rivals. He has killed. But that’s all in the past. The Kingpin is back in the city that he loves and ready to make his mark as a titan of legitimate industry, but needs to rekindle his public image. When Wilson Fisk makes disgraced journalist SARAH DEWEY an offer she can’t refuse, the spiraling saga of crime and betrayal begins anew. Don’t miss the start of Kingpin’s ongoing series, written by breakout writer MATTHEW ROSENBERG and illustrated in the heavy noir stylings of BEN TORRES, as Manhattan’s criminal mastermind returns to the Big Apple with honorable intentions, but no one in his circle remains pure on his climb back to the top.
- The Marco Checchetto variant connects with the Checchetto variant covers for Elektra Vol 4 #1 and Bullseye #1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Kingpin Vol 2 1 on the forums
- 18 Images from Kingpin Vol 2 1
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|