At some point following his creation of All-Black, the primordial dark god Knull manifested a suit of symbiote-armor from the living abyss. Knull wore the symbiote-armor throughout his reign as the god-king of the symbiotes and his war against the Light, with it aiding him in his battles against the Silver Surfer and entire armies of gods. Knull used its constituent living abyss to manifest both the symbiote dragon later known as the Grendel and the first of the lesser symbiotes.
After Knull's connection to the symbiote hive-mind was severed, his armor remained one of the few symbiotes subservient to him, but was seemingly stripped from him by the rebelling symbiotes after they imprisoned him in the core of the symbiote throneworld. Knull's avatar manifested from the Grendel symbiote-dragon wore a facsimile of the armor, attempting to assimilate the Tyrannosaurus and Venom symbiotes into it. When Knull broke free from his prison, he immediately reformed his symbiote-armor in preparation for resuming his conquest of the cosmos, assimilated Wraith's Exolon into it, and used its living abyss to manifest a Necrosword.
At some point prior to arriving on Earth, Knull changed his symbiote-armor's appearance - sporting a sleeker cuirass with straight-tailed dragon emblems, and spikes on its pauldrons; and after arriving on Earth forcibly absorbed the Venom symbiote into his armor and manifested it as a serrated blade on Knull's right arm. During his battle with Thor Odinson, Knull manifested a Necrosword from his symbiote-armor and used it to impale Thor.
When confronting the Silver Surfer in preparation for resuming their ancient duel, Knull transformed his symbiote-armor into a more combat-oriented form. However, Eddie -- who had been transformed into Captain Universe -- interceded and ultimately ripped Knull's armor off in retribution for Knull having torn off the Venom symbiote.
Primordial Symbiote Physiology: Knull's armor seemingly possesses powers similar to those of the All-Black symbiote when it is used as armor. It is capable of altering its appearance into more combat-oriented forms, extending its arm-wraps into tendrils, and can also manifest symbiotes, symbiote dragons, and Necroswords from its constituent living abyss.
Unlike other symbiotes, Knull's symbiote-armor is not particularly vulnerable to heat -- it was capable of withstanding being plunged through the atmosphere of Gorr's Homeworld (albeit with minor damage), and survived being immersed in a star by the Silver Surfer.
- Whether Knull's symbiote-armor betrayed him alongside the other symbiotes is unknown, as he is variously shown wearing it or being naked while imprisoned.
- Donny Cates identifying Knull's Necrosword in Silver Surfer: Black as the All-Black symbiote on Twitter implies that his armor may be an extension of the All-Black symbiote that remained bonded to him, as Venom (Vol. 4) #4 established that Knull didn't create his symbiote army and become their god until after All-Black had been stolen from him by Gorr and King Thor #2 reveals that All-Black is capable of bonding to multiple hosts simultaneously -- which is supported by comments made by Brunnhilde in King in Black: Return of the Valkyries #2 and Knull himself referring to his Necrosword as All-Black in King in Black #5. Conversely, the appendix of King in Black #1 indicates that Knull is capable of reforming All-Black from any source of living abyss.
- When it succumbed to Knull's will, the Venom symbiote's spider-emblems turned into red dragons resembling those of Knull's symbiote-armor.
- When bonded to an offshoot of the Grendel symbiote-dragon as "Dark Carnage", Cletus Kasady initially had distorted red dragons on his chest and back. As his connection to Knull grew stronger, he manifested a white version of Knull's dragon emblem on his chest. After apotheosizing into "Devil Carnage", he manifested pauldrons, arm-wraps, and horns similar to those which Knull's symbiote-armor had.
- 27 appearance(s) of Knull's Symbiote (Earth-616)
- 31 minor appearance(s) of Knull's Symbiote (Earth-616)
- 157 image(s) of Knull's Symbiote (Earth-616)