When Wolverine split from Cyclops and returned to New York, he planned to build a new school. Naming this the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, he opened it up to any mutant who would come with him. Secretly, the Hellfire Club had placed Krakoa on the campus, and the school was built atop it.
The Hellfire Club had Krakoa attack the school. When this happened, Kid Omega accessed his mind and discovered his origins. He had Krakoa open up to Marvel Girl, who relayed his apologies to Headmaster Wolverine. Krakoa told her that he was a mutant and asked to join the X-Men. He was allowed to stay as Logan found it good to have a school grounds which can fight back.
Krakoa was the solution for the school's money woes, as he could grow diamonds on trees.
Powers and Abilities
- Krakoa is referred to as "He", although the X-Men admit the concept of "gender" may not strictly apply to Krakoa.
- 46 appearance(s) of Krakoa III (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Krakoa III (Earth-616)
- 4 mention(s) of Krakoa III (Earth-616)
- 15 image(s) of Krakoa III (Earth-616)