Kronos and his brother Uranos were of the ruling class of Eternals countless years ago. Uranos craved battle and conquest, and war broke out between the Eternals who followed Uranos and those who sought peace, led by Kronos. When Uranos was defeated, he and his followers were exiled into space and Kronos became sole ruler of the Eternals of Earth.
Kronos was working in his laboratory in the Earth Eternals' city of Titanos on an experiment with cosmic energy when he accidentally caused an explosion that destroyed Titanos and Kronos' physical body. However his mind survived and became one with the universe and time.
Powers and Abilities
Kronos possesses a level of intelligence that ranks far above superhuman, as well as telepathy and cosmic awareness. He can evidently exert control over the souls of deceased mortals, even to the extent of using them to animate artificial bodies, which he can create from inanimate matter. Kronos has also become one of the embodiments of time, and as such can exert an unknown degree of control over its flow, which he does in very subtle ways when required. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet recently classified him at the same power level of Galactus, Zeus, and Odin.
- Super-Genius Intelligence: Before the accident that gave him control over time, Kronos was a brilliant scientist with expertise in many subjects.
In his incorporeal form, Kronos uses telekinesis to move objects.
Interstellar teleportation using his own powers.
- The history of the Eternals is currently undergoing a massive retcon in the pages of the latest Eternals series. One of the changes is that Kronos is now described as an Eternal who succeeded in mastering time but, in the process, he gave birth to a cosmic god and nearly destroyed the Machine. The initial explosion that destroyed Titanos killed all of the Eternals and they were all killed several more times before they could stabilize the resulting chronal distortions. Kronos is one of the Eternals imprisoned in the Exclusion and the mistake/crime for which he was imprisoned was "apocalyptic auto-deification." This strongly suggests that Kronos the Eternal and Kronos the Cosmic Being could actually be separate entities.
- 25 appearance(s) of Kronos (Eternal) (Earth-616)
- 10 minor appearance(s) of Kronos (Eternal) (Earth-616)
- 9 mention(s) of Kronos (Eternal) (Earth-616)
- 5 image(s) of Kronos (Eternal) (Earth-616)