Origin and Weapon X
Growing up in the Bavarian mountains, Kurt Wagner was a member of a traveling circus who was kidnapped as a German captive of the Weapon X project as an early teen, and was, like Rogue and Wolverine, forced to become one of their mutant agents through brutal training regiments. However inhumane their treatment of him, Kurt refused to forget his idealism and faith. He even managed to convince Storm not to take vengeance against the Weapon X commander, John Wraith. Killing Wraith, he said, would bring her to Wraith's level and he refused to allow that to happen.
A friendly, humorous young man with a zest for high adventure, Kurt was well-liked among his teammates. He somewhat bonded with Angel, who was the only other X-Man besides himself who couldn't hide his mutation, and together they "misused" the Danger Room for "Pirates of the Caribbean-like" "role-playing" sessions.
Kurt became interested in teammate and friend Alison Blaire. He was saddened by the fact that Warren, too, was interested in Dazzler. Indeed, Dazzler and Angel soon became a couple, leaving Kurt one of the only X-Men without a significant other.
Piotr and Homophobia
Kurt also befriended Colossus and the two spent much of their time together. Eventually, Piotr came out, explaining that he was gay. Disgusted by Piotr's sexual orientation, Kurt saw his former friendship as dead. Kurt's mental state deteriorated due to his loneliness among the group to the point where he kidnapped Dazzler in an effort to manipulate her into loving him. The X-men defeated Nightcrawler and he was placed in an extended coma so that Xavier could telepathically work on rehabilitating him.
Kurt later reversed his stance on Piotr, saying that it was unfair, due to the fact that Colossus had treated him as a brother and apologized. He even joined Colossus' "X-Men" team comprised of Dazzler, Rogue, Angel and himself, all under the influence of the drug Banshee.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Kurt possessed the ability to teleport. He can teleport up two miles; he can teleport himself with others in this manner; and in extreme circumstances has been seen to be able to teleport an entire car alongside himself.
- Flexible Bone Structure: Nightcrawler's bone structure allowed him great flexibility. He could remain in a crouched position for a long time and perform contortionist type feats without causing any damage to his spine.
- Superhuman Agility: Nightcrawler's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Nightcrawler's natural reaction time was enhanced to a level beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Prehensile Tail: Kurt possessed a prehensile tail capable of holding his body weight.
- Wall-Crawling: Kurt possessed control over the inter-atomic bonding between molecules allowing him to cling to any surface.
Under the influence of the Banshee Drug, Nightcrawler was able to launch flare-like bolts which could teleport objects at a distance in addition being able to teleport greater distances similar to Blink.
Experienced fighter, trained with guns and swords.
Nightcrawler possessed above average strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engaged in intensive regular exercise.
- It has not been revealed if Mystique is Kurt's mother in this universe.
- He originally spoke only German, but learned English through Jean Grey's mental prowess, and various films.
- It should be noted that Ultimate Nightcrawler's uniform resembles Dave Cockrum's original concept design of the Mainstream Nightcrawler. 
- 76 appearance(s) of Kurt Wagner (Earth-1610)
- 5 minor appearance(s) of Kurt Wagner (Earth-1610)
- 1 mentions of Kurt Wagner (Earth-1610)
- 39 image(s) of Kurt Wagner (Earth-1610)