Kyrie was worshiped as Aala, and learn to use that belief. Eventually, she banished the worship of Gol-Gorth, god of darkness, tried in vain to have his idol's destroyed, and came in conflict with his priest, the high priest Gothan. He had her exiled to the part of the island where resided Groth-Golka, the last Lizard-God, and those faithful to her slaughtered.
- This character was created by Robert E. Howard in the Turlogh Dubh O'Brien and Cthulhu Mythos story "The Gods of Bal-Sagoth" (Weird Tales; October, 1931), adapted by Marvel Comics in Conan the Barbarian #17 and #18 (August and September, 1972), written by Roy Thomas and penciled by Gil Kane.
- Originally named Brunhild, she was renamed "Kyrie", possibly as a reference to the story where both protagonists calls her a Valkyrie.
- 2 Appearances of Kyrie (Bal-Sagoth) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Kyrie (Bal-Sagoth) (Earth-616)
- Media Kyrie (Bal-Sagoth) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Kyrie (Bal-Sagoth) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Kyrie (Bal-Sagoth) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Kyrie (Bal-Sagoth) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Conan the Barbarian #17; The Gods of Bal-Sagoth
|Like this? Let us know!|