The Large Magellanic Cloud was a dwarf galaxy that orbited the Milky Way. Also known as the Greater Magellanic Cloud, it was the home galaxy of the Kree Empire, as well as the Vorms. The Spartoi also controlled a small empire in the outlying systems of this galaxy.
Points of Interest
- Helgentar (star system)
- Vormir (sixth from sun)
- Pama (star system)
- As established in Captain Marvel #16, Kree-Lar and Hala were located a considerable distance from one another. The fact that they existed in different star systems, with Kree-Lar being in the Turanal star system, was confirmed in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6.
- The idea that the throne-city on Hala from where the Supreme Intelligence ruled the Kree Empire was also called "Kree-Lar" was introduced in Captain Marvel #46. This led to some confusion in subsequent stories, as when early issues of Silver Surfer Vol 3 mistakenly identified "Kree-Lar" as being the planet in the Pama star system where the Supreme Intelligence was located. However, later issues in that series went back to calling that same planet "Hala." No in-story explanation for this temporary name change has yet been provided.
- The star system in which Kree-Pama was located has never been identified in-story. The idea that it could have also been in the Pama star system seems implausible.
- 107 Appearances of Large Magellanic Cloud
- 21 Minor Appearances of Large Magellanic Cloud
- 19 Media Large Magellanic Cloud was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Large Magellanic Cloud
- Location Gallery: Large Magellanic Cloud
- 17 locations in Large Magellanic Cloud
Links and References
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #15; Vorms's entry
- Annihilation: The Nova Corps Files #1; Spartoi's entry