The Large Magellanic Cloud was a dwarf galaxy that orbited the Milky Way. Also known as the Greater Magellanic Cloud, it was the home galaxy of the Kree Empire, as well as the Vorms. The Spartoi also controlled a small empire in the outlying systems of this galaxy.
Points of Interest
- Helgentar (star system)
- Pama (star system)
- Turunal (star system)
- As established in Captain Marvel #16, Kree-Lar and Hala were located a considerable distance from one another. The fact that they existed in different star systems, with Kree-Lar being in the Turunal star system, was confirmed in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6.
- The idea that the throne-city on Hala from where the Supreme Intelligence ruled the Kree Empire was also called "Kree-Lar" was introduced in Captain Marvel #46. This led to some confusion in subsequent stories, as when early issues of Silver Surfer Vol 3 mistakenly identified "Kree-Lar" as being the planet in the Pama star system where the Supreme Intelligence was located. However, later issues in that series went back to calling that same planet "Hala." No in-story explanation for this temporary name change has yet been provided.
- A location caption in Captain America #398 stated that Hala was the fourth planet in the Pama star system. However, in Quasar #35, Epoch stated that the closet inhabited planet to Hala was "Turanal, the fourth planet in the Pama system." This contradiction has never been resolved.
- The star system in which Kree-Pama was located has never been identified in-story. The idea that it could have also been in the Pama star system seems implausible.
- 134 appearance(s) of Large Magellanic Cloud
- 23 minor appearance(s) of Large Magellanic Cloud
- 18 mentions of Large Magellanic Cloud
- 3 image(s) of Large Magellanic Cloud
- 20 article(s) related to Large Magellanic Cloud