Maximus allied with six Inhuman criminals, sentenced for their treachery and subversive acts. Freeing Falcona, Aireo, Stallior, Nebulo, Leonus, and Timberius from their place of imprisonment with the Hulk's aid, Maximus then tricked the Hulk into breaching the protective barrier guarding a forbidden chemical substance created by the Inhuman scientist Romnar centuries previous. This substance had certain highly unstable energy absorbing capacities and Maximus intended to use it to usurp the throne again. Black Bolt overpowered him before he could do so.
Maximus succeeded in bringing about his second coup some months later. Drugging the Royal Family with will-deadening "hypno-potions," Maximus wrested the crown from Black Bolt and had the Royal Family imprisoned.Before he could activate his Hypno-Gun, which he believed would make all mankind surrender to his will, the Royal Family escaped and subdued him. Maximus' first coup had lasted several years; his second one several days.
Escaping Attilan with his band of renegades in a rocket, Maximus landed in the South American country of Costa Salvador, and attempted to build a will-deadening device similar to his Hypno-Gun. His plans were opposed by the Hulk and the United States Army.  However, and he and his allies were forced to flee again.
- 9 League of Evil Inhumans (Earth-616) Members
- 12 Appearances of League of Evil Inhumans (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of League of Evil Inhumans (Earth-616)
- Media League of Evil Inhumans (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images that include League of Evil Inhumans (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: League of Evil Inhumans (Earth-616)