Appearing in "Chapter 14"
- David Haller (Main story and flashback)
- David Haller (Only appearance; dies) (Homeless David)
- David Haller (Only appearance) (David used heavy medication)
- David Haller (Only appearance) (David's happy family life)
- David Haller (Only appearance) (Office drone David)
- David Haller (Only appearance; dies) (David commits suicide)
- David Haller (Only appearance) (Possessed by Shadow King) (David became richest man in the world)
- Amy Haller (Only in flashback)
- Amy Haller (Only appearance) (David used heavy medication)
- Amy Haller (Only appearance) (David commits suicide)
- Amy Haller (Only appearance) (David became richest man in the world)
- Division 3 (Only appearance) (Homeless David)
- Devil with the Yellow Eyes (Only appearance) (David used heavy medication)
- Shadow King (Amahl Farouk) (Only appearance) (David became richest man in the world)
- Laura (First appearance) (Vision)
- Benny (Recap)
- Division 3
- Shadow King (Amahl Farouk) (Vision) (Main story and flashback)
- Oliver Bird (Recap)
- Doctor Kissinger (Mentioned)
- Lenny Busker (Recap)
- Rudy (Recap)
Races and Species:
- Astral Plane
- Unidentified reality (Homeless David)
- Unidentified reality (David used heavy medication)
- Unidentified reality (David's happy family life)
- Unidentified reality (Office drone David)
- Unidentified reality (David commits suicide)
- Unidentified reality (David became richest man in the world)
Synopsis for "Chapter 14"
David has a mental breakdown after learning the horrible truth of what the Shadow King did to Amy. He imagines multiple alternative timelines for himself, all seemingly happening at the same time.
In one reality, David is a homeless man wandering the streets and muttering angrily to himself. One night, he is attacked by a gang of youths who savegly beat him, causing his powers to flare up, reducing the young men to dust. The flare-up of his abilities attracts the attention of Division 3, who send an armed squad to apprehend him. David kills the first wave of soldiers, and while harnessing his strength to deal with the rest, he is abruptly sliced in half by Kerry.
In another reality, David is under heavy medication which keeps him dull and docile, and is cared for by his sister. David works at a packaging company and is constantly reminded by his sister to take his medications, despite being apprehensive due them making it hard for him to think. One night, while waiting to be picked up by his sister, the meds seemingly start to wear off and David begins to see the Devil with the Yellow Eyes. He becomes increasingly upset and starts yelling to himself, drawing the attention of a pair of police officers. The officers, triggered by his behaviour try to apprehend David, who is becoming increasingly terrified. Amy arrives just as David is being arrested, and when one of the officers pushes her, David loses control of his powers and kills them. Several squad cars arrive, and an officer shoots David in the back, just before he obliterates all of them. Years later, David is now an old man and is still cared for by his sister. The gunshot left him crippled and he is now completely dependant on his sister, unable to even speak.
In one reality David lives a happy life in a large house together with his wife and two children. In another he is an office drone who hallucinates that a mouse is singing to him. In one, he is a drug addict, explaining the multi-verse theory to a friend while eating at a diner. In another David succeeds in hanging himself, and his grave is visited by Amy.
In another reality, David is a coffe-boy at a large corporation. He uses his powers to learn that his boss is about to be duped into making a horrible business decision. He warns her and gains her trust. Years later, David is now the richest man in the world. His old boss is his secretary and his sister comes to ask him to buy her another house. David uses his powers to hurt her, telling her that there will be no more houses. At some point, this version of David lost his battle to the Shadow King, who is now in full possession of David's body and is planning to use his riches to fulfill his personal ambitions.
David snaps out of his fantasies after rembering the day when Amy took him to Clockworks Hospital. He declares that he is going to kill the Shadow King.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
|David Haller||Dan Stevens|
Tobias Austen (Infant)
Noah Hegglin Houben (Infant)
Luke Roessier (6-8)
Jacob Hoppenbrouwer (10-12)
Alex Mulgrew (16)
|Syd Barrett||Rachel Keller|
|Lenny Busker||Aubrey Plaza|
|Cary Loudermilk||Bill Irwin|
|Shadow King / Amahl Farouk||Navid Negahban|
|Oliver Bird||Jemaine Clement|
|Ptonomy Wallace||Jeremie Harris|
|Kerry Loudermilk||Amber Midthunder|
|Amy Haller||Katie Aselton|
|Dr. Melanie Bird||Jean Smart|
|Amy Haller||Katie Aselton|
|Whispering lawyer||Alexander Leeb|
|Thinking men||Lawrence Novikoff|
|Wall Street frat boy||Christopher Collins|
|Naked woman||Chrissy Bonilla|
|Naked man||Tzef Montana|
|Cops||Bryce J. Ramos|
|Tweaker Bill||Josh Brodis|
|Store manager||Phillip E. Walker|
|David's wife||Valentina Izumi|
|David's daughter||Leah Gold|
|David's son||Kaslias Aka|
|Droogs||Willim Pinson Rose|
|D3 Commander||Michael Broderick|
|Body guard||Vladimir Sizov|
Links and References
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks