- Sometimes the betrayal of one's trust... one's family... is all it takes to be a... monster.
Appearing in "Small-town Girl - A Werewolf by Night Tale"
- Rhona Stuart (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Cal Escher (Only appearance; dies)
- Adrienne "Addy" (Only appearance; dies)
- Pynchon Twins (Only appearance; dies)
Races and Species:
- Silver bullets
Synopsis for "Small-town Girl - A Werewolf by Night Tale"
A young woman named Rhona suffers the curse of the Werewolf. The curse has been passed down through her family line and has also affected her mother and sister. Rhona leaves her home to drink away her sorrows at a local bar named Sullivan’s. There, she has a chance encounter with Jack Russell. Rhona has no idea that Jack is a werewolf himself. A group of self-styled monster hunters enters the bar and confronts Rhona. One of them, a woman named Adrienne, reveals a special Tarot card that exposes Rhona’s true form. When Rhona recoils in fright, the other hunters level their rifles at her. Jack Russell decides that it is time for him to intervene. He transforms into the Werewolf and attacks the hunters. Their fight spills outside into a nearby cemetery and Rhona runs out of the bar as well. Adrienne gets the drop on Rhona and tries to break her spine. The frightened young woman turns into a werewolf and rips into Adrienne tearing at her with her claws and teeth. After everyone else is dead, both Jack and Rhona revert to their human guises. Jack comforts her, and offers her a ride on his motorcycle.
Appearing in "To Be A Monster"
- Father McCauley (Only appearance)
Races and Species:
- Somewhere in Western Europe (c. 19th century)
Synopsis for "To Be A Monster"
In 19th century Europe, a group of priests discusses the actions of one of their own. A former priest named McCauley has discovered the journals of Doctor Victor Frankenstein and has been using the notes to create monsters of his own. The priests consult with another parish priest, who has been secretly sheltering the true Frankenstein Monster. They cajole him into asking the monster to kill McCauley and put an end to his perverse experiments. The Monster tracks McCauley down and fights through a horde of patchwork monsters. He kills McCauley then returns to his shelter where he kills the priest who had been looking after him.
- The chronological placement of the Monster of Frankenstein story is uncertain. It likely takes place at some point in the late 19th century.
- It is unclear whether or not Father McCauley was an actual priest, or merely dressing up as one in order to lure unsuspecting victims into his abbey. The other priests in the town appear to regard McCauley as a fraud, but this may also be reflective of the gruesome experiments he had been conducting.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Legion of Monsters: Werewolf by Night Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 10 Image(s) from Legion of Monsters: Werewolf by Night Vol 1 1
- Werewolf by Night (Volume 1) #1-43
- Werewolf by Night (Volume 2) #1-6
- Giant-Size Werewolf #1-4
- Legion of Monsters #1
- Marvel Spotlight #2-4
Links and References
- Werewolf by Night series article at Wikipedia
- Werewolf by Night series review at Photon Torpedoes
- Werewolf article at the Marvel Universe
- Werewolf by Night article at the Marvel Appendix
- Frankenstein article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein (Universal movie) article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein's Monster article at Wikipedia
- Monster of Frankenstein series index at the Grand Comics Database
|Like this? Let us know!|