Lemuria is one of the oldest surviving civilizations.
Lemuria was apparently the only continent where modern man dwelt half a million years ago.
During the Pre-Cataclysmic Age (from about 100,000 until the Great Cataclysm), Lemuria remained one of the great continents of its era, and was ruled mostly by the Deviants and their human slaves.
After the Great Cataclysm, Lemuria was partly retrofitted by the Deviants, while other parts later became the home of the underwater race known as the Lemurians. Lemuria was founded by a splinter group of Homo mermanus who made their way to the Pacific Ocean whereas Atlantis had been in the Atlantic.
The Lemurians were surface-dwellers, that ruled the surface, while Atlantis ruled the seas, as dictated by their treaty, which was law, for nine millenia. They used the Atlantean city of Sestanivor as an embassy. As such, it had rooms for oxygen breathers. To protect its citizens, the city had a cordon of telepathic beacons to ward off deep sea predators. The city was the site of nesting for the Tan-Ed-Drul - the species the lead to the fall of the Atlantean empire.
Points of Interest
- Hyperborea and the monolithic cities of black stone of the Dragon Kings
- Men's cities:
- Far Western Plains
- Northern Lands
- Cities of the South
- Thurdis the Dragon City
- Zaar, the Black City
- Mountains of Mommur
- Sea of Neol-Shendis
- Eastern Deserts
- Lemuria: An isle east off the coast of Khitai was depicted on maps, labeled either "Lemurians" or Lemuria.
- Kingdom of Lemuria (Homo mermanus)
- Kingdom of Lemuria (Deviant)
- Lemuria was a hypothetical "lost land", coined by the scientist Philip Sclater. It was used in Cthulhu Mythos tales by authors such as Lin Carter, Frank Belnap Long, Clark Ashton Smith or Robert E. Howard.
- Lemuria has been both described as its own continent (a group of islands), as part of the continent Mu in ancient times, or connected to it.
- 78 appearance(s) of Lemuria (Pacific Ocean)
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Lemuria (Pacific Ocean)
- 49 mention(s) of Lemuria (Pacific Ocean)
- 9 image(s) of Lemuria (Pacific Ocean)
Links and References