Overview and Origin
Light Elves are a race beings native to Alfheim one of the Nine Worlds and exists on the highest level of the World Tree along with Asgard and Vanaheim. The capital city of the realm is known as Ljosalfgard.
The Light Elves have shown them to be peaceful, friendly, happy beings with few if any weapons. Physically their shape ranges from physically looking like humans with pointed ears to slightly more alien shapes.
The Light Elves are divided up into various groups such as:
- The Spice Elves,
- The Air Elves living in wondrous flying machines,
- The Sea Elves in coral castles along Hummingbird Bay,
- The "triple jointed" Pleasure Elves,
- The Elves of the North Pole working for Midgard's Santa Claus and living at the North Pole,
- The Elves of the Vale living with their herds of "Wild 'Corns",
- The Moon Elves "all aglow with Firefly Wine", living in the Valley of the Moon Elves,
- The Cat Elves who ride winged cats as their steed, living at the borders with Nornheim,
- The Ice Elves, who reside in the frozen portion of Alfheim
Loki once lied to an ill and delusional Northstar and claimed he was one of them. This prompted Northstar to journey to Alfheim to reside there and abandon the rest of Alpha Flight. He spent some time in Alfheim, later learning Loki's story was untrue.
Powers and Abilities
Light elves also possess superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes.
Additionally, they have a penchant for archery.
They all possess a vulnerability to iron.
- Any relations between the Light Elves of Alfheim (or the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim) and the Elves of Otherworld is unconfirmed, but both Light and Dark Elves are considered to be included among the Faerie of Celtic myth, while another account described only the Dark Elves as being of the same race as those Faerie (leaving no relation between Faerie and Light Elves).
- 15 representatives of Light Elves
- Appearances of Light Elves
- Minor Appearances of Light Elves
- Media Light Elves was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Light Elves
- Images of Light Elves
Links and References
- Thor #277
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #6; Appendix: Other Dimensions, Alfheim's entry
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #6
- Mighty Thor Vol 2 #2
- Thor: God of Thunder #15
- Marvel Holiday Special #2006; Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Santa Claus
- Alpha Flight #82
- Alpha Flight #50
- Alpha Flight #81
- Thor #615-616
- Mighty Thor Vol 2 #1
- Thor Vol 2 #82
- Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Otherworld's entry
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 3 #4; Leir's entry
- All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #4; Elf with a Gun's entry