- I could not. For then would I not be as evil as Thanos?
Appearing in "Epilogue: Aftermath!"
- Box (Only in flashback)
- Francis-7 (Only in flashback)
- Wild Cubs
- 23rd Century
- The City
- Sandman Headquarters
- North Sector
- The City
Synopsis for "Epilogue: Aftermath!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Final Flower!"
- unnamed planet (with "unpronouncable" name)
- Final Flower (destroyed by Thanos)
Synopsis for "The Final Flower!"
Thanos seeks to destroy the will of a planet to oppose him by destroying its most precious religious relic, the final flower. Drax catches up to him and they engage in a brief struggle. A mother and her child make the pilgrimage to view the flower and attempt to stop Thanos. Thanos causally tosses them both off a steep cliff. Drax remembers Thanos' attack on his own wife and daughter and resolves to save them, even if the titan uses the distraction to escape. Thanos crushes the flower and teleports back to his ship. The distraught mother tells Drax that she should have let them die. Drax replies "I could not. For then would I not be as evil as Thanos?"
- Sequence 1 Epilogue: Aftermath inks (story pages) by Austin pages 1-8, 10-12, and Janson (uncredited) page 9 (issue page 15); letters (story pages) Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Rosen pages 2-12.
- Sequence 2 The Final Flower! letters (story pages) by Novak (uncredited) page 1, and Fox 2-5.
- The Destroyer is never referred to as Drax in this story.
- The Destroyer's given name is Art Sampson, rather than Arthur Douglas.
- The editorial column on the letters page confirms that the back-up story features The Destroyer rather than Thanos.
- The following statement explains why the back-up feature was included: "Ya see, when tight deadlines - brought on by further contractual negotiations with Hollywood - made us limit ourselves this issue to a twelve-page epilogue, we decided to treat you to this brief cosmic confrontation between Drax and his eternal enemy, Thanos! enjoy, people!"
- "The Final Flower!" is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
|Like this? Let us know!|