Appearing in "A Man Without a Past"
- Longshot (First appearance)
- Eliot (Only appearance)
- Hester (Only appearance)
- Hester's baby (Only appearance)
- "Pup" (MaGog) (First appearance)
- Mojoverse rebel tracker Demons
- Unnamed old lady
- Archangel Gabriel (Mentioned)
- Several unnamed bystanders
- Ralph (Only appearance)
- Rose (Only appearance)
- Unnamed policemen
- Ladie's Leather Goods shop assistant (Only appearance)
- Hester's dog (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- Hester's baby's father (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Mojoverse (First appearance)
- Mojoworld (First appearance)
- Longshot's Throwing Knives (First appearance)
- Ruined doll
Synopsis for "A Man Without a Past"
On another world, an amnesiac young man flees for his life, hunted by several monsters. He comes across a dimensional portal and enters. The others follow but, unlike him, they are stuck in-between. The young man ends up in New York State, where he saves a woman’s life with his unnatural luck. Fleeing from the cops, he befriends a survivalist named Eliot. Reading about a kidnapping in the newspaper, the young man and Eliot visit the child’s mother. The stranger ‘reads’ a doll the kidnappers left and leads Eliot and Hester to a strange mill, where the monsters who had followed him now intend to sacrifice the child to create a way back. Using his luck, the stranger saves the child, learning along the way that his luck is dependent on the pureness of the motives. He is assisted in his struggle by a strange little critter, who is actually part of the demon hunters. Before he leaves Hester and Eliot, Eliot christens him Longshot. The young man walks off with the critter, not quite sure whether he can trust him.
- First mainstream art of penciler Arthur Adams.
- Williams is an assistant inker.
- Eliot’s remark about Hester and the scarlet letter refer to Nathaniel Hawthorne’s famous novel, “The Scarlet Letter", about a young woman named Hester Prynne, who in a Puritan society has a child out of wedlock and was branded with the scarlet letter ‘A’ for adultery as a result.
- Elliot is evidently a conspiracy theorist. He mentions “trilaterals,” referring to the Trilateral Commission, a private organization formed in 1973 to promote closer ties between North America, Europe and Japan. Because of the powerful people involved and the group’s privacy, some theorists have postulated that they are secretly running the world.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|