- How amusing. A whole race of Longshots! Could this planet handle it? It could spark quite the renaissance... but somehow I don't believe there's more than one Longshot in the universe. I suspect Longshot will make his own world worth living in-- with Rita at his side-- and will have no need of this one.
Appearing in "A Snake Coils..."
- Longshot (Main story and flashback)
- Several unnamed bystanders
- Saxaphone (Corpse)
- Sara Wolfe
- Longshot's robot horse (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Spineless Ones (Main story and flashback)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Mutants (Main story and flashback)
- Dogs (Corpse)
- Robots (Only in flashback)
- Mojoverse (Only in flashback)
- Mojoworld (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "A Snake Coils..."
Mojo and Spiral decide to take over Earth, beginning with creating a church meant to raise worship for Mojo. Longshot, Doctor Strange and Quark find the catatonic Ricochet Rita in her home and learn what has happened. Strange promises to try and help Rita but urges Longshot and Quark to stop Mojo, who poses a great danger to the world. They have to destroy Mojo’s tower. The two rebels with their totally opposing outlooks on life have some trouble working together, but finally agree on a plan of attack. Longshot, who finds that he cannot kill Mojo, plans to banish him. They damage the tower and, with the help of a recovered Rita and Doctor Strange, open a portal to send Mojo between dimensions. However, Mojo is joined by Spiral, meaning he has a way to return to his home dimension. Therefore, Longshot and Quark decide to follow, to help their people and let them know that they are meant to be free. Rita decides to join them and Strange hopes that together they will be able to save Longshot’s world.
- Williams is assistant inker.
- Originally, the tale of Longshot’s rebellion was meant to be told in a graphic novel or limited series by Ann Nocenti and Arthur Adams, but for some reason that story was never printed.
- Longshot next appears – amnesiac again – in Uncanny X-Men Annual #10. He goes on to join the X-Men for a time. Rita can next be seen as a prisoner of Mojo in Uncanny X-Men Annual #12, before befriending the X-Babies in Excalibur: Mojo Mayhem.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|