Master Order exist together in the cosmos as agents of the universal balance, being personifications of respectively Chaos and Order.
Peter Parker and the Radioactive Spider
Master Order and Lord Chaos claimed responsibility for making Peter Parker become Spider-Man so that he could play a key role in the final battle between Adam Warlock and Thanos over the Soul Gems.
Master Order and Lord Chaos created the In-Betweener to maintain the balance of order and chaos within the universe. The In-Betweener planned to maintain a cosmic balance by creating universal insanity. He began by manipulating the Fantastic Four to fight amongst themselves over the Infinity Gems. Silver Surfer and Doctor Strange witnessed this and summoned Master Order and Lord Chaos who imprisoned the In-Betweener in the magic realm.
Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet
When Thanos acquired the Infinity Gauntlet, he caught the attention of Master Order, Lord Chaos, Mistress Love, Master Hate, Galactus, Eternity, Kronos, and Adam Warlock. They joined forces and defeated Thanos when Adam Warlock stole his Infinity Gauntlet.
When the Multiverse was recreated, the cosmic entities returned to life, including Lord Chaos. Lord Chaos and his brother Master Order became disgruntled by Galactus' evolution from a force of destruction to a force of creation, arguing he threatened the cosmic balance. They eventually put Galactus on trial before the Living Tribunal. The Tribunal ruled in Galactus' favor and allowed him to remain in his new form, claiming that the universe being in a new iteration meant the cosmic hierarchy wasn't established anew. Master Order and Lord Chaos took this council to heart, and murdered the Tribunal in order to take his place as the personification of multiversal law.
They attempted to turn Galactus back to his world-devourer form. However, for the same reason Order and Chaos could kill the Living Tribunal, they couldn't stop Galactus from fighting back his transformation. If there wasn't a hierarchy yet, it meant Galactus was also on the same level as Order and Chaos, so they couldn't impose their will on him. Because of this, Order and Chaos sought their servant, the In-Betweener, and forced him to become the uniting force in a fusion that combined Master Order and Lord Chaos into a single being, the self-proclaimed new order, Logos.
Logos would eventually be defeated and split apart into the individual beings that composed it by the ascended astral form of the Black Panther. Both Lord Chaos and Master Order would later be confronted by the reborn Living Tribunal for their misconduct.
|Power Grid |
- Chaos Manipulation
- As the personification of chaos, destruction and confusion, Lord Chaos bears no personality beyond the constructs of the abstract concept he represents.
- Lord Chaos cannot exist without Master Order and vice versa.
- 60 Appearances of Lord Chaos (Earth-616)
- 7 Minor Appearances of Lord Chaos (Earth-616)
- Media Lord Chaos (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 11 Images featuring Lord Chaos (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Lord Chaos (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Lord Chaos (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Master Order & Lord Chaos' entry
- ↑ Doctor Strange Vol 5 #7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 King Conan #2
- ↑ Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2
- ↑ Silver Surfer Vol 3 #16-18
- ↑ Infinity Gauntlet #2-6
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 3 #30
- ↑ Secret Wars #9
- ↑ Ultimates Vol 2 #6
- ↑ Ultimates Vol 2 #2
- ↑ Ultimates 2 Vol 2 #3
- ↑ Ultimates 2 #100
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 6
|Like this? Let us know!|