Appearing in "A Fire in the Night!"
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr) (Main story and flashback)
- Magda Lehnsherr (Only in flashback)
- Anya Lehnsherr (Only in flashback) (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Unnamed Nazi soldier (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Unnamed Polish officers (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Unnamed innkeepers (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Name only)
- Unnamed Magneto's and Magda's neighbors (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed members of a French family
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "A Fire in the Night!"
Paris, France, present day: Past midnight, Erik Magnus Lehnsherr is having a restless sleep in a hotel room as he is dreaming about his past …
1945: After the end of World War II, Erik and Magda escape from Auschwitz and flee until they start a new life in the Carpathian Mountains. Surrounded by new friend, they married, and Magda gave birth to their daughter Anya. But the urge to accomplish more in his life, Erik brought his family to the Ukrainian city of Vinnytsia. But even in the “socialist workers paradise” earning regular money was not easy. One day, his client wants to pay Erik only half of the agreed wage, and Erik’s anger causes a crowbar to fly and smash into the wall next to his client. With the full amount of money in his pocket, Erik returns to the Inn his family is staying. Shockingly, the building is engulfed by fire with both Magda and Anya still inside. Erik enters the building and finds Magda, but Anya is separated upstairs. Somehow, Erik can make a protective bubble around Magda and him, so that they are able to escape the fire unharmed. But as he wants to use his power to save his daughter as well, two policemen struck him down – obviously denounced by his client. Helpless, Erik must watch how Anya dies in the fire. Again, Erik has a tantrum and with his new powers he kills all the bystanders except Magda. But now his wife is afraid of him and runs away calling Erik a monster …
Present: Erik wakes up as there is a fire nearby. A mother with a child in her arms is screaming as the fire is closing in on her. At first, Magneto does not react as he does not care about the wellbeing of humans. But then he changes his mind and saves both woman and child. After she thanked him, he tells her to spread the word that she was saved by Magneto …
Appearing in "I, Magneto!"
- Magneto (Erik Lensherr) (First appearance as Magneto)
- Isabelle (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Nazi organization
- Corporal Schmidt
- Oberstrumbanführer Hans Richter (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Control (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Rod (First and only known appearance; dies)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "I, Magneto!"
When he's working as a nazi-hunting government agent, a combination of betrayal by his handlers and the brain-damaging effects of the untrained use of his powers pushes Magneto over the edge to becoming the mad master of magnetism.
Appearing in "Point Blank"
- Magneto (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) (First appearance as Erik Lehnsherr)
- Dr. Moira MacTaggart
- Valerie Cooper
- Henry Peter Gyrich
- Alexei Vazhin
- Gabrielle Haller
- Bova (Only in flashback)
- The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Dr. Heisenberg (a psychiatrist)
- Professor Felder
- Ted Koppel
- Walter Rosen
- Jonathan Chambers (Appears on screen)
- Graydon Creed (Appears on screen)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Photo)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) (Photo)
- Mastermind (Jason Wyngarde) (Photo)
- Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) (Photo)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Photo)
- Ka-Zar (Kevin Plunder) (Photo)
- Zabu (Photo)
- Eric the Red (Davan Shakari) (Only in flashback)
- X-Factor (Appears on screen)
- The X-Men (Appears on screen)
Races and Species:
- North America
- Atlantic Ocean
- Bioelectric suit & mask
- Slingshot gun
Synopsis for "Point Blank"
- Synopsis not yet written
- Issue shipped with a foil-enhanced cover.
- "A Fire in the Sky" was originally printed in Classic X-Men #12.
- "I, Magneto" was originally printed in Classic X-Men #19.
- The 2nd story takes place shortly before X-Men #1.
- The 3rd "story" is a simply a preview of the story printed in X-Men Unlimited #2.
So there are no original stories featured in this issue.